Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Checkings bags through: BA to UA at GVA and overnight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver

OK, I know it is unlikely anyone knows the answer to such an unusual situation, but I'm flying BA into GVA on a Sunday evening (arrive 8.00pm) and leaving on the UA flight to IAD/SFO on Monday lunchtime. The tickets are separate, but the itineraries are connected (the BA flights show up UAs 'My Itineraries' and vice versa).

Is there any chance that BA will let me check my bags all the way through without collecting them in GVA?

And even if they will is this a good idea or not? I can see the convenience, but delays to my UA flight could create problems - and i can imagine this being a good way to have one's bags not show up in SFO.

And should I be asking UA or BA (or both) if this is even possible?

Thanks

david
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:46 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
BA and UA have an interline baggage agreement. If it is one ticket and you are transiting less than 24 hours, the actual transfer should be no problem. How much you have to pay for the luggage would depend on the baggage allowance for the class of service flown and the amount of luggage you have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.