Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

ORD B6 RCC to close for renovations beginning 11/2/2009, reopening the week of 12/21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD B6 RCC to close for renovations beginning 11/2/2009, reopening the week of 12/21

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Just received this e-mail:

Dear Milepig,

The Red Carpet ClubŪ lounge located near gate B6 at Chicago O’Hare airport will be closed for renovations beginning November 2, 2009, reopening the week of December 21, 2009. The renovations will bring about many improvements, including new furniture, a more open floor plan, better lighting, more power outlets and a new food station.

While this lounge is being refurbished, we invite you to visit our other Chicago O’Hare Red Carpet Club lounges, located near gates B18, C16 and F4.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

This is the lounge closest to the CO gates - I wonder if the renovations have something to do with making this a co-lounge with CO.

Moderator's Note - Please also see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...21-2009-a.html

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 21, 2009 at 3:11 pm
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milepig
This is the lounge closest to the CO gates - I wonder if the renovations have something to do with making this a co-lounge with CO.
Got the e-mail as well.

Hopefully it has more to do with knocking down a few more walls and making it feel not so narrow and cramped in there.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I haven't gotten the email yet, but I'm excited to see another club getting refurbished! I do like what UA did with the B18 club. It's very nice inside!
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nevansm
I haven't gotten the email yet, but I'm excited to see another club getting refurbished! I do like what UA did with the B18 club. It's very nice inside!
Agreed - but that was a totally new location built from the ground up. For B6 I'm expecting something more like they usually do - new carpet, chairs, etc. in this case combined with some walls coming down - I can't tell you how many people I've had to direct to the hidden coffee machines, which are about a mile away from the food!!
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K (woohoo), SPG Gold, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Avis Worst, National Exec Elite; Destinations Many
It would be nice if they knocked down some walls. Maybe put in windows overlooking the terminal walkway for people watching.
Hopefully the "new and refurbished" RCC will include free beer and wine...or is that too much to ask?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Hmbrglar
Hopefully the "new and refurbished" RCC will include free beer and wine...or is that too much to ask?
Yes it is, if they do that, then they have to offered the same to all RCC throughout US locations.

I am hoping they are going to have a new magazine rack with plenty of magazines supplies like the one in B16 and C16.

Soda fountains also wouldn't hurt to install as well.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
if they do that, then they have to offered the same to all RCC throughout US locations.
Why? They've always had different snacks in different locations (some have fresh fruit, some don't), so why would this have to be systemwide?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Why? They've always had different snacks in different locations (some have fresh fruit, some don't), so why would this have to be systemwide?
+1 HNL is already offering free alcohol no drink chits required according to reports the last several months. We would love for standardization of services and that will only happen if they go down to 1 RCC left and probably in ORD.

I see the day when they will have only hubs as their RCC with CO,US air clubs being utilized in other cities.

Out of curiosity how do people rank the RCC in ORD. I know my ranking but I don't want to bias people's opinions.
1?
2?
3?
4?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Ranking

Think that's a fairly easy one...surprised if 1-2 would deviate too much from:

1. B18 (Incomparable!)
2. C (nice and spacious)

3-4 might be tougher...I always find B6 way too packed and hot. F, while small, is a nice respite from an armpit of a terminal. So I say:

3. F
4. B6
Old Oct 30, 2009, 4:05 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RCC members can now use the PC in terminal 2 regardless of carrier flown, so for those flyingout of the low B gates, clearing security in terminal 2 and using the PC is attractive.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by Ari
RCC members can now use the PC in terminal 2 regardless of carrier flown, so for those flyingout of the low B gates, clearing security in terminal 2 and using the PC is attractive.
I thought that PC had closed?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jkm024
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Continental's website makes no reference to a PC location in ORD now so you might just be correct.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by jkm024

It's a Delta Club.

It used to be a NW/CO club, but CO pulled out.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Did you read I am replying to the poster asking for free beer and wine in RCC ?

Originally Posted by Ari
Remember CO had been using B1-4 gates in T1 since months ago, that is when CO had been using RCC at B6 instead of NW/CO lounge in T2. There is even a separate CO desk inside the B6 RCC upstairs.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 30, 2009 at 7:15 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 30, 2009, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by channa
It's a Delta Club.

It used to be a NW/CO club, but CO pulled out.
And there is supposedly a CO agent at the front desk at B6 RCC now, like there was at the old NW/CO club.

Any idea if a CO lounge agent will be in another RCC during this closure? That could make all the difference for those of us hoping to gain RCC admittance through CO partner access as we could at the old NW/CO club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.