Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Any *A lounges in SFO with shower facilities? [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2008, 7:11 am
Original Poster

i believe they exist; will i get towel and amenities at the desk or am i dreaming?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I don't think there are any. You need to use the Silver Kris lounge for showers.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I believe you are dreaming. However FWIW the IFL at SFO certainly has showers.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:42 am
Original Poster

oh dear, isnt the sfo sq lounge one of the ones where they growl at you and deny admittance?
pity the person next to me after flying from eze-iad-sfo and then on to syd;
Old Nov 7, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by franjelley
i believe they exist; will i get towel and amenities at the desk or am i dreaming?

Dreaming at the RCC, reality at the SQ SKL. RCC has better views and bigger but SQ SKL has food and a shower, with computers. Never had an issue going in around 10.30am-12pm. Towels are provided
Old Nov 7, 2008, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
As mentioned the SQ lounge does but it you're going to SYD you'd need to do a quick shower as the SQ lounge is really only open for like 15-20 min before you board and such. I've never had an issue getting in there, they usually mention the RCC but after a smile and explanation that their lounge is better its never been an issue.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K
finally got my star alliance gold card

Originally Posted by ryan182
As mentioned the SQ lounge does but it you're going to SYD you'd need to do a quick shower as the SQ lounge is really only open for like 15-20 min before you board and such. I've never had an issue getting in there, they usually mention the RCC but after a smile and explanation that their lounge is better its never been an issue.
I just finally got my gold card. I almost never fly SQ, but I fly UA and LH a lot. If I waltz into Kris lounge with my gold card and boarding pass, will they give me a hard time? I know that *technically* I'm allowed to be there by star alliance rules, but will they give you a hard time because you're not flying SQ?

Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I just finally got my gold card. I almost never fly SQ, but I fly UA and LH a lot. If I waltz into Kris lounge with my gold card and boarding pass, will they give me a hard time? I know that *technically* I'm allowed to be there by star alliance rules, but will they give you a hard time because you're not flying SQ?

Thanks.
Not in my experience, they might mention the RCC but I've never got what I'd consider a hard time though I usually walk in never tried waltzing
Old Nov 7, 2008, 9:48 am
Original Poster

well i am gonna give it a go...as i understand it, don't they get 20 bucks from united anyway?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
is there a way to get back to SKL off of UA syd flt after the immigration and customs or does it spit you out into the void on the other side of the security check points?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by jumpingenes
is there a way to get back to SKL off of UA syd flt after the immigration and customs or does it spit you out into the void on the other side of the security check points?
You'll be on the other side of security. If you're in paid C (inc award) or F you can use the Arrivals by United lounge for a shower after customs.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 10:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFflyer123

Thanks.
Unless they're full, should be OK. If you're in Biz or F on UA/LH, you don't even need the *G card.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Unless they're full, should be OK. If you're in Biz or F on UA/LH, you don't even need the *G card.
This is true enough. This last week was the first time I have ever been denied entrance to the SKL. The longe attandant looked embarrassed and aoplogetically explained that they were full (and I could see that they were) and expecting more. Otherwise never had any grief entering the lounge

Jeff
Old Oct 13, 2009, 3:29 pm

Any *A lounges in SFO to take a shower at before departing to SYD?

Going IAD-SFO-SYD-MEL on Thursday, all Y+ (eeek!). 3 hour layover in SFO, any place I can stop and grab a shower at a *A lounge?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
The only *A showers that could possibly be used for an outbound flight are in the United First Class lounge and you will not have access to that.

However there are some public showers at SFO in the international terminal but you'll have to exit security to get to them and go back through to go back to your gate. Info here is from the flysfo website:

"Shower facilities are available at Freshen Up! located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal, near the entrance to Gates G91-G102. Freshen Up! is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. For additional information call 650.877.0798."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.