Search

Fleet week pics and reports

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Fleet week pics and reports

A great day out! Thank you, UA.

And especially thanks to Frank and the other volunteers who enabled us to enjoy such a special opportunity

My pics are posted at
http://gallery.me.com/usinsf#100066&...or=black&sel=0

and videos will follow shortly on youtube ...

Emergency slide deployment at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTrhr7kkQfw

Plane pull by Flyertalk Team 1 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nurq-QGuG1U

Blue Angels preparation and departure at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW797vRjYoA

Last edited by SeattleDavid; Oct 11, 2009 at 8:58 pm Reason: Adding new information
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks to Frank, Pete and all the others for a great day out. Cricketer Jr had an absolute blast, especially watching her dad pull a United Aeroplane.

Unfortunately, my father-in-law completely buggered up the video of the plane pull, but I'll post photos when I have a chance.

Hope someone can report back on the "VIP meeting with the VPs" which I had to miss.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
great pictures

Thank you for great pictures.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
SeattleDavid--great video of the slide deployment. It was just that cool.

See other feedback in the UA Fleet Week thread in "Community".
Old Oct 11, 2009, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Fantastic!

Thank you! Do you think that 747 that you shot was UA 900 to FRA? I usually leaves at 2pm, so wheels up probably 2:15-2:30, I'd guess.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:19 pm

Awesome event, nice job with the plane pull...... FT team is quite strong.. they not only move the plane a few inches but a few feet!!!!
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Very cool videos. Thanks for sharing! I went to the SF waterfront to watch the fleet week airshow. Maybe next year I'll try to go to the United event.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Ooh that looked like a lot of fun. Wish I had been home.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:37 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer
Hope someone can report back on the "VIP meeting with the VPs" which I had to miss.
What was this? Didn't see it referenced anywhere else...
Old Oct 12, 2009, 1:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Thanks for Frank and all the organizers. My kids and I had a terrific time and really enjoyed getting to meet some of the people who keep the planes I fly on in the air.

And thanks to United for including us in their event.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by vysean
What was this? Didn't see it referenced anywhere else...
There was some sort of a private session with some executives during the afternoon. I was chasing my kids around so I didn't go (they would have lasted about five seconds without figeting) but it may have been similar to the Q&A that we had before the SFO base tour a few year ago.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer

They brought in several VP's from ORD and SFO just to meet and mingle with the flyertalkers. An open meet and greet. Very nice, great PR for UA and a really good way for the big wig's to actually hear what people are saying. I only spoke briefly with one the UA people, the manager director of SFO (?), seemed nice, very receptive to comments.

Also, mentioned the upcoming automatic upgrades (not sure if this is just for 1K or not?). Did not get details, but I had heard it was coming. Next year, supposedly you will not have to request an upgrade for each flight, it will be automatic and if there is space available, you will get upgraded. Did not get the details, seems I might still be missing something.

The meet and great was a very nice touch.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LongingForORD

Also, mentioned the upcoming automatic upgrades (not sure if this is just for 1K or not?). Did not get details, but I had heard it was coming. Next year, supposedly you will not have to request an upgrade for each flight, it will be automatic and if there is space available, you will get upgraded. Did not get the details, seems I might still be missing something.

The meet and great was a very nice touch.
What!? When did this come about its the first I've heard of this.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:19 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
nice pic's 'n vids, SeattleDavid ^ and yes great fun ^ but more importantly-major thanks going out from me to flyua and the other folks from my favorite airline for putting this wonderful even together ^^^
Old Oct 12, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Also at the meeting with the VPs three new international routes were announced and we should also see some MP changes today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.