Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ua1flyer's 10MM Lifetime BIS Flight and Celebration - 9 July 2011 [UA 942 LAX-ORD]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer's 10MM Lifetime BIS Flight and Celebration - 9 July 2011 [UA 942 LAX-ORD]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond

IT'S OFFICIAL. The 10 million mile flight will be Saturday July 9th UA 942 LAX to ORD. United will have a celebration planned at ORD and will allow me to invite about 20 FTers to the party. For those local they will provide gate passes. It will be in the terminal somewhere. For those interested United has requested names and email addresses of those coming. If you would like an official invite please contact me at ua1flyer[at]yahoo[dot]com. Should be fun....I know " I "will be celebrating!

Sorry...too excited. The flight leaves LAX at 11am and arrives in ORD at 5:01 pm

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 16, 2011 at 6:43 pm Reason: consecutive posts merged and email address protected from SPAMbots
Old Jun 16, 2011, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Hi Tom, we'd love to come, but we'll be in Tokyo. Have fun and congratulations again!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Hi Tom, we'd love to come, but we'll be in Tokyo. Have fun and congratulations again!
Lunch sometime when you get back.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
This would be a fantastic event to meet FTers. Unfortunately, if it can be viewed that way, I'll be landing in PVG that day.

Enjoy the festivities and the incredible milestone.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:25 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Sorry...too excited. The flight leaves LAX at 11am and arrives in ORD at 5:01 pm
Ok, my earlier "rats" is an official "rats" as unless I can vdb to a much later flight, I'm ex-ORD on UA220 back to SFO at 07:49 so congrats on the incredible milestone ^ and it will be on it's way shortly after you complete the flight
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goalie
Ok, my earlier "rats" is an official "rats" as unless I can vdb to a much later flight, I'm ex-ORD on UA220 back to SFO at 07:49 so congrats on the incredible milestone ^ and it will be on it's way shortly after you complete the flight
Will you be there? I think the celebration starts not much after we land.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:36 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Will you be there? I think the celebration starts not much after we land.
Yes I'm there on 7/9 but it's in the morning as I'm inbound on the red-eye from SFO and turning back a little over 2 hours later-that's why I'm now hoping for an oversell on my flight so I can VDB until after you arrive
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
As I will be in Asia during this time and unable to join everyone in the celebration, let me add my congratulations now.

My mind has trouble wrapping around the idea of so many hours in the air.

Wow.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:37 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
ua1flyer, congratulations on reaching your milestone and I am happy to hear UA will be paying you the proper honors. I'll create a new thread specific to this mini-Do to make sure those in the Community are aware of it. I hope FTers will be able to join you (and I will be there in spirit).

Regards,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:49 pm
Community Director Emerita

I will be there.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Will be passing though ORD a day too early however. I think the thread should be changed to point out that this is BIS miles not EQM too. All the more impressive -- here's to the next 10M!?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
<bows> Congrats! What an impressive milestone! Can't make it but thanks for the invite. Best of luck on the next 10MM! ^
Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:24 pm

Congrats! Maybe I will reach there in 20 years or so .
Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:24 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Wow, congratulations! ^
Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Working on an itin to get me there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.