Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

ua1flyer's 10MM Lifetime BIS Flight and Celebration - 9 July 2011 [UA 942 LAX-ORD]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer's 10MM Lifetime BIS Flight and Celebration - 9 July 2011 [UA 942 LAX-ORD]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:42 pm

oh my gosh I would love this! (even though we are strangers)..I.understand that disqualified me
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Hi Tom, we'd love to come, but we'll be in Tokyo. Have fun and congratulations again!
So will I. Sorry I'll miss the party.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Congrats on the milestone! This works out pretty well with my schedule as I am traveling to PHX on the 9:06pm flight. So I will totally be there. Do I still need to email to be part of this official headcount, or can I just check in, clear security, and join the party?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Congratulation! I am very happy and proud of you. ^

I am going to arrange if I could be in the same flight with you.. it will be neat... first I need to get some excuse for time off during weekday.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
ua1flyer, congratulations on reaching your milestone and I am happy to hear UA will be paying you the proper honors. I'll create a new thread specific to this mini-Do to make sure those in the Community are aware of it. I hope FTers will be able to join you (and I will be there in spirit).

Regards,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
While you are at it could you correct the title. Either make it 10 million BIS or 16 million EQM. Either one would be more accurate. Thanks

Originally Posted by karung99
Congratulation! I am very happy and proud of you. ^

I am going to arrange if I could be in the same flight with you.. it will be neat... first I need to get some excuse for time off during weekday.
It's on a Saturday.

Originally Posted by Slurve30
Congrats on the milestone! This works out pretty well with my schedule as I am traveling to PHX on the 9:06pm flight. So I will totally be there. Do I still need to email to be part of this official headcount, or can I just check in, clear security, and join the party?
Please email. Unitd would like a guest list. Look forward to seeing you there.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 17, 2011 at 12:08 am Reason: merge
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
I intend to be there!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:11 pm

I'll be in Europe, but I'll be raising a glass to you! That's quite a milestone. Please post some pics of the festivities afterwards.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:31 pm

Wow, quite the milestone. Congratulations....my condolences on being in a plane that much, depending on you want to look at it!

Jokes aside, that is quite the accomplishment.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:28 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Tom

I'm going to do my best to be there - and maybe even write a trip report about it! At least, I will try
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
Anticipatory congratulations!

I happen to be flying SFO-ORD on the 11th, a bit too late to join the celebration. My wife will be in Chicago the 8th-10th, but she really wouldn't see the point in celebrating something like this.

Edit: and in case anyone jokingly asks, no, MRing out to join my wife in Chicago is not an option...we have a 3yo daughter who'd have to come along too, and even though she can sometimes identify the type of planes on the SFO approach path -- "it's an a380 daddy!", "it's a big one!" (for a 747 this afternoon) -- I'd rather not take any unnecessary flights with her.

Last edited by endrond; Jun 16, 2011 at 10:56 pm
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Congrats Tom. Here's to hoping they paint your name on a 787.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:18 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tom,

We met at the Basque dinner in SFO last fall (the one Randy was at). Can't make ORD but congrats!!!! Wow!!

Dick

P.S. Maybe I can join the lunch with Mahasamatman, just don't propose it be at Izzy's -- tried it once, that was more than enough!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:10 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Tom - looks like I can make this.

I will call GS at ORD and let them know I am coming. Or should I let anyone else know? I actually talked to them a little about this yesterday.

Congrats!
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:58 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Tom - I know we don't know each other, but I would like to congratulate you! I will raise a glass to your achievement on 7/9 as I fly to IAD from GEN and onto BOS. Enjoy your party!!

Craig
Old Jun 17, 2011, 1:01 am

Make a video!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.