Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This versions is retired from the flett, United has two one versions of 752's with lie-flat seats. This version flies domestic routes. principally premium transcontinental service (p.t.s aka PS) and some hub-to-hub.

Boeing 757-200 p.s. (Premium Service) Configuration
  • 28 seats in United Business with 180-degree flat-bed seats
  • 48 seats in Economy Plus with 36" pitch
  • 66 seats in United Economy
  • Complimentary in-seat audio video-on-demand entertainment
  • USB and standard 110v power outlets accessible from every seat
  • Gogo Wi-Fi

BUSINESS CLASS

Standard Business suites with 180 lie-flat seats and AVOD. AC power and USB ports are available.

The bulkhead seats are in Rows 1 and 5 and have wider footwells. Regarding these seats, note the following:

Seats 1 A/B and 5 A/B are subject to noise and light from the galleys and may not be a good choice for redeye flights.
Seats 1E/F and 5E/F have wide footwells and are separated from the galley.

Seat 1B (&5B?) has the deepest footwell but a direct view into the gallery.

Seats 1 E/F (&5E/F?) have about 1" less legroom than the other bulkhead seats with a bed length of about 5' 10".

The snack basket is often placed on the shelf in front of 1A/B and 5A/B.

All other seats have narrow footwells, especially the window seats. They have bed length of about 6'1".

ECONOMY PLUS / EXIT ROW SEATS
Row 21 (exit row) has the most leg space. The rest of E+ is pretty much the same.

ECONOMY CLASS
Row 20 (exit row bulkhead) is E-, not E+.

No longer in service, the standard domestic F (non-lie flat ) 757-200

For the other 752 aircraft, (now retired) see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an International 757-200 (16 BF)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by scotsman2010
Looking for some help regarding exit row seats on the 757-200 please!

...Would that mean on the 757-200 from Edinburgh, the row in front of exit row 20 (row 12 on the seat plan) would have limited/no recline also? It doesn't say that on that leg of the seat plan for row 12
Yes, row 12 does not recline. Any row with an exit row behind it will generally not recline. You can see this also on seatguru:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...7-200_Flat.php
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by nycityny
Yes, row 12 does not recline. Any row with an exit row behind it will generally not recline. You can see this also on seatguru:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...7-200_Flat.php

Thanks for replying. I had looked on seatguru and seen that row 12 was yellow and stated no recline but I just wanted to check as on United.com, row 12 does not say limited recline when clicking on it for the 757-200 whereas it does say limited recline for row 15 on the other plane....strange!
Old Dec 21, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: Continental
Typically the row in front of the first exit row does not recline. The first exit row may have limited recline.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Is this the right thread for 752? I am flying IAH to LAX next week and have booked seat 8e (behind 2 row 7 seat) . Exit seats are 20 and 21. I am 6'4 so need the legroom, is legroom good on seat 8e? Or should I get row 21?

thx
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by simonoaks
Is this the right thread for 752? I am flying IAH to LAX next week and have booked seat 8e (behind 2 row 7 seat) . Exit seats are 20 and 21. I am 6'4 so need the legroom, is legroom good on seat 8e? Or should I get row 21?.
8E is a middle seat, 8F has great leg space. There is limited recline for 7DE and Row 20. If it is a middle 8E versus middle in Row 21??? I would probably do 21 -- it feels there is a little more leg space. I would take 8F over Row 21.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:38 pm

Where are the ribs in the 752 fuselage?

In a couple weeks, I'll be flying a redeye on UA on a 752. I sleep best in a window seat.

I know that some rows are going to have a fuselage rib in the right place (i.e., just behind my shoulder) and other rows won't (i.e., in front of me). Is there a resource for determine where the ribs are located relative to each row? I'm looking for a really fancy schmancy seatguru.com.

Or, if you're also a window sleeper and you have a favorite row in a 752, it would be great to hear.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by flyallegheny
In a couple weeks, I'll be flying a redeye on UA on a 752. I sleep best in a window seat.

I know that some rows are going to have a fuselage rib in the right place (i.e., just behind my shoulder) and other rows won't (i.e., in front of me). Is there a resource for determine where the ribs are located relative to each row? I'm looking for a really fancy schmancy seatguru.com.

Or, if you're also a window sleeper and you have a favorite row in a 752, it would be great to hear.
Sort of answered my own question. Should be good to able to figure it out using this, this, this, and a little elbow grease.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:15 am

Hi there, flying UA B752 DomesticFirst LIH-LAX in the near future. It's a day flight. Never flown DomesticFirst before. Travelling as a party of 4, i.e. 2 adults & 2 kids (12y and 10y). Any recommendations? Should we take row 1 or row 2?
Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Genesis321
Hi there, flying UA B752 DomesticFirst LIH-LAX in the near future. It's a day flight. Never flown DomesticFirst before. Travelling as a party of 4, i.e. 2 adults & 2 kids (12y and 10y). Any recommendations? Should we take row 1 or row 2?
Thanks!
If it's a 6 row 757 then I prefer to avoid row 1. I find the legroom limited though obviously that might not matter much to your kids. I'd be in row 2 myself.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
PS Row 21 vs. rest of E+

Anyone who's sat in it who can verify that there truly is a differentiating amount of leg space?

Sat in row 24 a month ago and looking forward, row 21 didn't really seem to have the massive exit row space that the Airbii, domestic 757, etc. seem to have. So not sure if 21 is worth it given the usually shorter seat cushions, fixed (?) armrests, etc. and other downsides of the exit row.

TIA.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Trying to figure out 1E or a whole row to myself in the back, like row 36 or 37

its only a 4 hours flight LAX-MCO which is pretty much empty
Old May 12, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by ckidder331
Trying to figure out 1E or a whole row to myself in the back, like row 36 or 37

its only a 4 hours flight LAX-MCO which is pretty much empty
I hope you picked a row in back, 1E/F is the worst seat on the plane
Old May 12, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Originally Posted by zoegksf
I hope you picked a row in back, 1E/F is the worst seat on the plane
thanks for the thought. I was automatically upgraded so I think I'll change it at the airport.

The last 8 rows of the plane have 2 people total in them. I'd rather have space to stretch out and buy my own food than a cramped 4 hour flight in the front

Anyone disagree?
Old May 21, 2015, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by nycityny
The bad stuff you may have heard about the seats are in comparison to BF seats on other aircraft. When comparing it to an Economy Plus seat, well, there is no comparison. BF has double the seat pitch, 4" more width, infinitely more recline (180 degrees), larger TV screens and a less crowded cabin. I'm in those BF type seats on the ps route often and have flown that aircraft to Europe. For me the seats are great and certainly much more comfortable than economy.
Thank you for the quick reply! I think I will give the BF a try for the overnight leg of my trip. Definitely worth the less-crowded cabin. Any difference in row 1 vs. the other rows?
Old May 21, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
There is a reference to a new seating layout being piloted in 757 domestic at the top of the WIKI. But the link is malformed and not working. Anyone know what this refers to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.