Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2024, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The People Mover /ATS, O’Hare’s (ORD) shuttle train, to close until Fall 2019

E to C gate shuttle discountinedMCT Feb 2021 from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .50 1.15 1.30 1.30
OFFLINE .50 1.15 1.30 1.30
** OR * ARE ALL

UA-UA DD .45 AUA - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 DUB - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 1 - 2839 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 3160 - 6384 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 SNN - ALL
UA-UA DD .40 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 1 - 2839
UA-UA DD .40 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 3160 - 6384
UA-UA DD .35
UA-UA DI .45 AUA - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 DUB - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 SNN - ALL
UA-UA DI .40
UA-UA ID 1.30 GRU - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 HKG - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 MEX - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 MTY - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 PEK - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 PVG - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 SIN - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.20
UA-UA II 1.30 GRU - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 HKG - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 MEX - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 MTY - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 PEK - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 PVG - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 SIN - ALL
UA-UA II 1.20
older MCT ORD MCT data - Sept 2016

Archive: Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stampchez
Looking to book a flight for next summer.

A two hour five minute international to domestic connection on UA should be fine as long as the flight is on time?

Have they finally added a Global Entry line at customs after baggage claim or is it still front of the line to dirty looks?

thanks.
Should be fine, especially with GE. I think the line is more to the side of the main event and don't recall its use eliciting shade.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by stampchez
Looking to book a flight for next summer.

A two hour five minute international to domestic connection on UA should be fine as long as the flight is on time?

Have they finally added a Global Entry line at customs after baggage claim or is it still front of the line to dirty looks?

thanks.
I could be wrong but IIRC there was a separate GE line after the carousels for bagage when i travelled ca. 6 weeks ago.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The GE line is all the way to the right after retrieving your bags.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by getagb
The GE line is all the way to the right after retrieving your bags.
Agreed. It is the exit line that is directly in front of the east exit door (nearest the UA re-check counters). On my last arrival in August, there was not a dedicated CBP person to handle GE exit line, the person was one of two handling the normal passengers and would stop and take care of any GE passengers as they came up.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:50 am

ORD Experts: Access T1 with T5 intl departure?

Hi all ORD Experts
Departing in a few days from ORD T5 with SK.
Once I have the SK boarding pass, can I go through security at T1 and use the United lounge? I have a friend departing same time.
I believe they have a transfer bus (within restricted area) from T3 to T5, which I will use (opererates until 8pm).
Question is, if I can pass security at T1 with SK boarding pass, as it departs from T5?

Thanks
HJ
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
TSA will typically let you in, although they are not required to. If they question you, you can just say you’re going to the Polaris lounge.

i think the shuttle from T3 to T5 might be operated by AA and require an AA boarding pass. I’m only about 20% confident in that and have never used the T3 to T5 shuttle. But double check, as there’s a chance you may need to clear security twice.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
You will have to clear security twice. That shuttle is only for AA and their JV partners I believe.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Not sure what the shuttle situation is now. The AA/BA shuttle, or maybe it’s for all OW now, used to require valid BPs. I thought though there is supposed to be a new, non-airline specific shuttle that is supposed to start, run by the Airport itself - not sure if it actually has started or not, or where it leaves from if it is. I think there was a thread somewhere else, maybe in a Chicago forum somewhere?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:53 am

I have also read it was initiated started by AA, but then I found on flychicago.com, that:"

International Connections

The International Terminal 5 is not connected to the domestic terminals and is accessible via the Airport Transit System (ATS)​. If you arrive on a domestic flight and must connect to an international flight, you have two options: 1.) you can take the ATS and pass through the security checkpoint in Terminal 5 or 2.) you can take a transfer bus from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5 and bypass the security checkpoint in Terminal 5. The transfer bus service is year round with operation hours as follows: 10:30 am - 8 pm.
Transfer Bus Service Terminal 3 Pickup Locations
Gate G17 and Gate K20"

It does not mentioned specifically anymore...
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax

Start at about post #90 , covers some recent events regarding the bus and UA
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: UA GS
Although I can’t speak to the transfer bus, I just used an OZ boarding pass to clear security at T1 to use the Polaris Lounge on Thursday with no issue. I then went through security a second time in T5 after using the ATS. Had no issues.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
The bus is now funded by the airport, so it's open to all passengers. I had no issues using it with a ticket printout (not even a BP) for a AS-TK connection, and TK issued me the boarding pass at the gate.

In fact, the Polaris lounge let me in with a ticket printout too. They wrote down my ticket number, gave TK a call, typed a few things in the computer, and cheerfully let me in. I was very appreciative that I didn't have to go through security twice..
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by getagb
TSA will typically let you in, although they are not required to. If they question you, you can just say you’re going to the Polaris lounge.

i think the shuttle from T3 to T5 might be operated by AA and require an AA boarding pass. I’m only about 20% confident in that and have never used the T3 to T5 shuttle. But double check, as there’s a chance you may need to clear security twice.
This is not true.

TSA policy is that so long as you have a valid came day & same station BP (or other appropriate document) for any checkpoint, you may pass through any other checkpoint.

It is entirely possible that an Officer may point out that you are at the "wrong" checkpoint because most people who do this are at the wrong checkpoint. This is not a denial of entry, simply a courtesy.

This has been policy for 5+ years, so Officers should know, but ask for a supervisor if need be.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Often1
TSA policy is that so long as you have a valid came day & same station BP (or other appropriate document) for any checkpoint, you may pass through any other checkpoint.
And yet...

While that is supposed to be the way it works there remain sporadic reports of pax being denied at various terminals. It should be fine, but every now and then things go badly.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:56 pm

layover time at ORD: UA connecting to ANA

I

This is my 1st time to fly out ORD internationally. Do i get enough layover time at ORD ? Which concourse B or C is for ANA departure ?

I'm a 1K member. is it possible to have the same day flight change/rerouting if there's no flight delayed? I know ANA 777-300ER seats are not good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.