Search

Leap day UA IT fail? (resolving)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2024, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Leap day UA IT fail? (resolving)

I flew to Maui yesterday and spent a very enjoyable two hours at the airport before flying back to LAX. When I checked my miles at OGG (since they stopped sharing lifetime miles, I take a snapshot of the total when I land somewhere) and PQPs and lifetime miles posted as predicted. When I landed at LAX, at 2124 PT, I checked again: nothing. I’ve checked a few times today and there’s no change. When I called the MPSC, the outgoing going message let me know that discrepancies couldn’t be investigated today: all will be well on March 1st

Has anyone else noted any computer-related oddities today? Since I landed after midnight ET, I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that this failure is some glitch related to Leap Day.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Could have nothing to do with leap day. I have had non-posting of UA operated flights for days, multiple times already this year. Before anyone asks, not last minute ticketing, and no changes to the original ticketing, no SDC, no partner flights...nothing special, and yet no postings.

One I had to submit for missing miles after five "business" days; the other eventually posted itself after a few days (thought I had to do that same).

Miles will post, eventually. Sometimes a batch may have just gotten stuck.

MR to/from OGG?
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Could have nothing to do with leap day. I have had non-posting of UA operated flights for days, multiple times already this year. Before anyone asks, not last minute ticketing, and no changes to the original ticketing, no SDC, no partner flights...nothing special, and yet no postings.

One I had to submit for missing miles after five "business" days; the other eventually posted itself after a few days (thought I had to do that same).

Miles will post, eventually. Sometimes a batch may have just gotten stuck.

MR to/from OGG?
I had no option. It priced at 3.875 cpm, so what else could I do? I also wanted to watch season one of The Sopranos again, so two birds . . .
jpezaris, econ, purdue1015 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I'm still waiting on credit from my flight yesterday. It's notable because credit showed up within ten minutes of deplaning for the last dozens of flights I've taken.
drgreg likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 3:19 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I almost always have credit withib seconds of pulling up to the gate. Today, it's been over an hour and nada. It well eventually show up.
ContinentalFan and drgreg like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 3:19 pm

This is what their website says regarding retro-credit anyways. Could just be an unrelated outage/upgrade they're doing to mileage crediting processes that just happened to cross 2/29.

I will say it looks like they overhauled their entire MPSC page recently https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/mil...ce-center.html . Makes me think they're doing some type of upgrades to some MPSC related systems/pages and its unrelated to it specifically being 2/29. After all they're still processing redemptions (and have a leap day promo).
drgreg likes this.

Last edited by Lux Flyer; Feb 29, 2024 at 3:24 pm
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
My miles from this morning have not shown up yet, definitely unusual.
drgreg likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
+1
miles from yesterday’s flight have not yet posted. Unusual as they normally post when the door opens on arrival.
johnsmith, SPN Lifer and drgreg like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:07 pm

Same here
drgreg likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I'm waiting for the report of someone on FT filing a class action suit for emotional distress.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
First leg of trip today hasn’t posted; second leg posted shortly after landing.
drgreg and Kannai like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Back in my day (3-4 years ago?), we had to wait a full 48 hours for miles to post.
Kannai and SFO_LOW_CLOUDS like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I'm waiting for the report of someone on FT filing a class action suit for emotional distress.
I might file such a suit for having to read a thread where somebody actually flew to FREAKING MAUI for a 2-hour layover in the airport returning home for a mileage run.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I might file such a suit for having to read a thread where somebody actually flew to FREAKING MAUI for a 2-hour layover in the airport returning home for a mileage run.
And here I am, looking at flying on AA (with no status) instead of UA just to save 4 hours transit time for my next trip, and spending more $ to avoid connecting. I'm the opposite of a mileage runner; I've become a mileage minimizer.

Last edited by zombietooth; Feb 29, 2024 at 11:21 pm
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I’m too upset to do it right now.

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
. . . and to watch the Sopranos.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 29, 2024 at 11:37 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.