Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost item in LHR UC, contact info?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Lost item in LHR UC, contact info?

We think we might have left a raincoat with bank cards in the LHR United Lounge. Is there any way to contact them? We aren't going to be back in London for 4 weeks so not sure if there's anything they can do but might be worth trying anyway...
Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:28 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Maybe try to call United at LHR?

Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

That seems to be the contact number for Heathrow rather than United@LHR.
​​​​
Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by stun
We think we might have left a raincoat with bank cards in the LHR United Lounge. Is there any way to contact them? We aren't going to be back in London for 4 weeks so not sure if there's anything they can do but might be worth trying anyway...
Have you tried Heathrow Lost and Found? They have a very good database and you can search yourself to see if they have been turned in. Looking today there are a few coats that have been logged the last few days.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 4:17 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
I’ll keep trying . .but that Lost & Found website is really cool!

Last edited by WheelsUpGal; Feb 27, 2024 at 4:26 pm
Old Feb 27, 2024, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all! I've sent in a web inquiry on united.com and will also monitor Heathrow's database over the next few days. Thankfully it's nothing expensive and I have other cards we can use while abroad.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 4:44 pm

Just a word of caution when googling contact numbers; there are a ton of scams out there that play the algorithm to boost their SEO rankings.

Seems like you’ve already done this but I would go through the official contacts on United.com, whether that’s by phone or email. It might take a bit longer but hopefully they can route you to the right contact. Good luck and I hope you get your stuff back!
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by stun
Thanks all! I've sent in a web inquiry on united.com and will also monitor Heathrow's database over the next few days. Thankfully it's nothing expensive and I have other cards we can use while abroad.
I've been told to call baggage claim for United for any lost items. All lost items end up in baggage claim. I would try that avenue.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
…All lost items end up in baggage claim...
100% false. Destination of items left behind vary wildly. Items left on planes end up most of the time with UA baggage claim (and eventually a warehouse in Houston), but items left at airport lounges (incl. United's) or other airport areas (boarding areas, security check points, etc) often end up elsewhere. As examples, at London and Las Vegas (for example), it’s with airport lost and found offices. At LAX, it’s with the airport police office on Sepulveda. In the latter cases, UA might only have lounge-found items in their possession for a couple of hours.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Feb 28, 2024 at 9:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.