Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR-MDT/SCE/PHL/AVP moving to IAD-MDT/SCE/PHL/AVP effective June 27

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR-MDT/SCE/PHL/AVP moving to IAD-MDT/SCE/PHL/AVP effective June 27

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2024, 4:11 pm

Programs: United 1K Member
Originally Posted by Repooc17
From memory, probably one of those cross country flights - e.g. IAD/LAX. My most frequent routes are between NY and SF/LA, but neither are CPU routes on the nonstop variety. I fly AA, AS, B6, DL, or UA between NY and SF/LA basically weekly. Sometime I go to BOS or DC if fares are cheaper.

Yeah, PlusPoints are definitely not easy to clear on my most frequent (domestic) routes, duh...
Thanks for sharing!
Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
That’s true but probably quite uncommon.

Philadelphia - drive or train
Harrisburg - drive or train (a little farther than Philly)
Wilkes Barre / Scranton - drive
State College - this might have significant point-to-point demand
Yeah the NYC/NJ based families with kids at PSU haven't been happy about this based on the Facebook comments I've seen in PSU parent groups, while of course the IAD locals are happy. Hard to say how many people actually used the flights though. There is better bus service between SCE and NYC/EWR than SCE and WAS.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Oh, no!
Something I only just noticed (I had read it, but it hadn't sunk in): all these four flights are going to be on the Embraer ERJ145 with CommuteAir; no more CRJ550 with GoJet!
Old Mar 12, 2024, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by narvik
Oh, no!
Something I only just noticed (I had read it, but it hadn't sunk in): all these four flights are going to be on the Embraer ERJ145 with CommuteAir; no more CRJ550 with GoJet!
Just noticed that CVG<->IAD has E145s showing up, when it has been 2-cabin for a long time.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 5:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Only two more months.

There was something very special arriving on a CRJ550 from Scranton at a EWR C gate right next to the departing flight to Tokyo.

Of course, that was also onr of the issue they were having, I'm sure....
SPN Lifer and SS255 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.