Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Invitation-only restaurant "Classified" at EWR {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Reopening Sept 13, 2022. If you login, reservations are available starting on that date. See below for the login/check access link.

menu for CLASSIFIED
{now requires login access} -- see here for Aug 2017 version

Check if you were invited:
https://classified.united.com/dining/Login
or classified.united.com/dining

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM

Reserve your CLASSIFIED table.

We're pleased to welcome you to dine at CLASSIFIED, an invitation-only, contemporary restaurant at Newark Airport.

The creators of CLASSIFIED have created a bright and airy dining space that's hidden away for those lucky enough to get an invitation. On the cutting edge of airport dining, CLASSIFIED offers a menu that's inspired by upscale American cuisine with seasonal ingredients and tableside service. We're offering reservations to select United® customers only, and we want to make sure you're at the top of the list. Reserve a table today to experience this unique, new restaurant that's the first of its kind.

There is a link to click to book connected to a specific reservation. Interesting.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Restaurant would mean that the customer pays, yes? So it's not a substitute for restaurants within the lounge for IFC passengers as an option to eat in the airport rather than on board.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM
Same annoying impersonal ordering system as found throughout T-C. There is a reason nicer restaurants don't install electronic ordering at tables. Premium customers don't really want to look at (or touch or scroll) a dirty Ipad over a $45 steak dinner.

From the pictures, it appears they found some awkward space to stick some chairs and tables.

Get rid of the IPads and credit card readers, substitute professional restaurant staff and this would be a really nice enhancement before a red eye to Europe.

Last edited by dkc715; Aug 21, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dkc715
Same annoying impersonal ordering system as found throughout T-C. There is a reason nicer restaurants don't install electronic ordering at tables. Premium customers don't really want to look (or touch or scroll) a dirty Ipad over a $45 steak dinner.

From the pictures, it appears they found some awkward space to stick some chairs and tables.

Get rid of the IPads and credit card readers, substitute professional restaurant staff and this would be a really nice enhancement before a red eye to Europe.
Really? Well as a 34 year old who has checked a fair amount of Michelin stars off his list I personally don't care. I'm at an airport and I'd rather see a photo menu and scroll vs having someone hover over me. I also like at EWR paying at order so you can take off when you want.
Remember the next wave of elites are going to be tech oriented milenials.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Really? Well as a 34 year old who has checked a fair amount of Michelin stars off his list I personally don't care. I'm at an airport and I'd rather see a photo menu and scroll vs having someone hover over me. I also like at EWR paying at order so you can take off when you want.
That seems to be similar to the approach to ordering and paying that Applebee's has chosen. Seems like they aren't doing too well. Hope the EWR restaurant has better food.

(haven't flown through EWR in years; how does "paying at order" work for tipping? I hate having to guess how good the service will be when paying upfront for a meal)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Same annoying impersonal ordering system as found throughout T-C. There is a reason nicer restaurants don't install electronic ordering at tables. Premium customers don't really want to look at (or touch or scroll) a dirty Ipad over a $45 steak dinner.
At EWR, I'd really rather avoid human contact. A robot delivering the food would be a big plus.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
#NoThanks
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
What happens when you pay in advance, the food doesn't arrive for a long time, and your flight is departing?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:41 pm
Suspended

any link or more details, pictures?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by adambrau
Reserve your CLASSIFIED table.

We're pleased to welcome you to dine at CLASSIFIED, an invitation-only, contemporary restaurant at Newark Airport.

The creators of CLASSIFIED have created a bright and airy dining space that's hidden away for those lucky enough to get an invitation. On the cutting edge of airport dining, CLASSIFIED offers a menu that's inspired by upscale American cuisine with seasonal ingredients and tableside service. We're offering reservations to select United® customers only, and we want to make sure you're at the top of the list. Reserve a table today to experience this unique, new restaurant that's the first of its kind.

There is a link to click to book connected to a specific reservation. Interesting.
Feels like it must be at least GS, INTL Premium, PJ, PF, or close to full fare passengers. Probably not just upgraders, but if they really have the restaurant big enough, then it's a good to take a look.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:47 pm

I completely disagree. When I'm at a restaurant looking at a menu waiting for a waiter, I just think, why can't I click the menu and my food will show up.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Can you post the link to the restaurant site?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
That is all the information the email contained. I did a search on Google and there was some old info which may or may not be correct. A few references to Marc Forgione. Can't confirm however. Anyone else been?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:58 pm

Surely they show you the menu and prices before expecting a commitment?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM
Originally Posted by flyerbaby19
I completely disagree. When I'm at a restaurant looking at a menu waiting for a waiter, I just think, why can't I click the menu and my food will show up.
In ten years you may have your way. But can you name any nice restaurants that have installed ipads in your face, before dining on an expensive dinner? McDonald's......absolutely. But UA is marketing (and pricing) this dining experience as high end. If customers really wanted to order off of IPads, there would be tons of NYC restaurants doing this. Think of the labor savings. Maybe some day.

I think I saw only 36 seats. So I suspect the restaurant will be full even with the electronic ordering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.