Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Water Only 2+ Hour Flight IAH-MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Pres Circle, Hilton Gold, HGV Elite Plus, Choice Platinum
Water Only 2+ Hour Flight IAH-MCO

Flight attendants walked the aisle a couple times early in the Flight. Nothing in the second hour. Only pouring water from a bottle. No beverage cart. No snack sales. Flight time over 2 hours. A new low in service?
Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:50 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by muscae
Flight attendants walked the aisle a couple times early in the Flight. Nothing in the second hour. Only pouring water from a bottle. No beverage cart. No snack sales. Flight time over 2 hours. A new low in service?
Remember -- it's for your safety -- and mostly for the FA's safety -- there might / could be turbulence on the flight -- better safe than sorry Also remember that UA FA's seem to get injured in flight significantly more than any other airline globally -- so they changed the rules -- so it's best that you just enjoy your water and be happy with that....

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jan 18, 2024 at 6:21 am
Old Jan 18, 2024, 6:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Well then don't fly AA, where the FAs are randomly not doing any service at all on similar length flights due to their labor beef.
dw, SPN Lifer, enviroian and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 2MM
So not even a cup of coffee offered? ☕️
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Pres Circle, Hilton Gold, HGV Elite Plus, Choice Platinum
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
So not even a cup of coffee offered? ☕️
No coffee, water or nothing.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

look at the bright side. At least you’re not being charged for the cup of water poured from a bottle.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:16 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by halls120
look at the bright side. At least you’re not being charged for the cup of water poured from a bottle.
Extra Airways FA: "Cash or card?"
Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:57 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Kacee
Well then don't fly AA, where the FAs are randomly not doing any service at all on similar length flights due to their labor beef.
Yes- was on JFK-LAX recently on AA where Y only received one beverage service (+ the snack they load for Y) and one water run.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by dw
Yes- was on JFK-LAX recently on AA where Y only received one beverage service (+ the snack they load for Y) and one water run.
AA premium transcon should have complementary food for all pax, even in Y. I think AA is the only carrier offer food for Y pax on these routes.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:54 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
The same crap over on DL. Its just laziness in the US workforce. My fav was a 2,000 mile, 4+hour ATL-UVF in F. First Class FA took 2 hours to provide any service, while the economy FAs completed the ENTIRE drink service. Then when she did finally decide to work, they passed out a terrible cold snack box.
hurnik likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by Repooc17
AA premium transcon should have complementary food for all pax, even in Y. I think AA is the only carrier offer food for Y pax on these routes.
I can recall when A used to serve and sandwich and a beverage on a 40 minute flight from SFW to AUS. The race to the bottom continues...
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
It all comes to the crew due to weather issues. I was on MCO-IAD last Friday where weather was bad right from the start. The FAs made it clear this was the only drink service. I got my Jack and Coke. Plus they made two rounds of champagne before departure making it known this was going to be a rough ride in the air.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by elmira56925
It all comes to the crew due to weather issues. I was on MCO-IAD last Friday where weather was bad right from the start. The FAs made it clear this was the only drink service. I got my Jack and Coke. Plus they made two rounds of champagne before departure making it known this was going to be a rough ride in the air.
That's completely different, and kudos to that crew for trying to make up for the anticipated reduction in inflight service.

Many of us have seen an astonishing lack of service on flights that previously had higher levels. In one case, recently, I was on a flight where there were multiple pre-boarding announcements made in the gate area about alcoholic beverages being available for sale on that flight (and the restrictions thereupon), but when in the air? Just water. After the flight, I complained about the reduction in service and got a perfunctory number of miles, but would much rather have had some pretzels and my evening whiskey.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Kacee
Recently flew from Belize to Mia in business class on AA. Flight was 2 hours. The service was a drink and that ridiculous snack basket.

Recently flew from London to Basel in business class on BA. Flight was 1.5 hours. Meal service.

Flew from Frankfurt to Budapest in business class on LH. Flight was 1.5 hours. Meal service.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I had multiple recent BOS-EWR flights in F with no service ... apparently by the time they maybe thought about getting going, the new 'prep cabin 30 min before landing' kicked in.

Getting water would have been great ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.