Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA BE Flight Change Help for part of a group

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:22 am
PxC
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond

Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated!

We have a basic economy booking LHR-YYZ-CUN leaving Friday lunch time, as part of a return booking which comes from Guatemala. It is booked with United, but the outbound is operated by AC.

One or the two passengers is stuck somewhere and now will not make the flight, but could make the following day.

Firstly we I assume we would both have to upgrade the fare to regular economy
Do we have to fly out at the same time? If one changes the other has to?
I see various things about no change fees but I haven’t seen that departing outside the US. Would the change fees likely be a lot?
Is there anything I am missing here? Usually this board springs up something I would never have known had I not posted

Thanns
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:31 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
You will have to separate / split the delayed passenger to a separate PNR. This would allow some to continue with origiinal plans and others to have different plans.
Then that new PNR will need to be change to a regular economy ticket )for a fee.
Then you can change the the new PNR/ticket and that change will likely have a fare increase (if space is available).
If there is any change fees, depends on details of the original ticket and where travel first started, if not originating from the USA, there may be a change fee also.
PxC likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 16, 2024 at 9:38 am
Old Jan 16, 2024, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Also watch for weather waivers in any of those airports.
PxC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.