Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Help! How do I purchase seat instead of going standby?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Hi, my friend has added me to her United airlines benefits. When I go to look at flights, it also shows me cost options for those days if I want to have a discounted reserved seat. The problem I am having is there is no link or anywhere to choose the buy a seat option. Nothing happens if I tap on the fee option .
Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Lmitchell0129
Hi, my friend has added me to her United airlines benefits. When I go to look at flights, it also shows me cost options for those days if I want to have a discounted reserved seat. The problem I am having is there is no link or anywhere to choose the buy a seat option. Nothing happens if I tap on the fee option .
It's possible that only the employee can get a discount on a reserved seat; best to check with your friend. Of course, you can also purchase a reserved seat at the regular published fares on united.com.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ask your UA employee friend. Employee tickets~flights are very restrictive
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:20 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk. I'll move this to our United thread in case there's a UA employee who wants to weigh in. But you're probably better off asking the person who shared their benefit with you.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk
jpezaris likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:30 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Hi, my friend has added me to her United airlines benefits....
FT is not necessarily the best place for this sort of questions. Employee related benefits should always be discussed with the employee. There are many limitations on those benefits you need to understand and that should come for the employee as they are responsible for your activities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.