Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2024, 6:00 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Very pleased to see the return of the blueberry cake. Not sure how many folks remember but this item was a staple on Continental dinner trays back in the day! Looks identical.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Silver
01/09/2024 UA 2048 YYC-ORD Seat 4F

Choice of French Toast or Egg Quiche

Crustless quiche/frittata was worthy of a middle of the road quality coffee shop. One of the best reheated egg dishes I have eaten.

My connection was cancelled and I was greeted by a PS Agent on the jet bridge and driven to my rebooked UA flight to a Delta hub and I was booked on Delta Connection to my final destination.
​​​​
Delta CRJ 50 minute flight with a full PDB selection and pre order for in the air with refills for those who wanted more,

including a full snack basket. Biggest difference was a smile and a willingness to serve and make each F passenger happy and comfortable. Love the welcome water at every seat.
​​​​​​
MatthewLAX and hhdl like this.

Last edited by Airbus_Retard; Jan 11, 2024 at 7:53 pm Reason: My brain is stuck in 2023. Edited the date.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by goldelite8
Very pleased to see the return of the blueberry cake. Not sure how many folks remember but this item was a staple on Continental dinner trays back in the day! Looks identical.
Your memory is superb! Went back through my old CO photos and sure enough quickly found this (EWR-IAH Nov 2010 — dating myself here!):

Last edited by st530; Jan 13, 2024 at 5:56 am
Old Jan 12, 2024, 9:28 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, Southwest A-List, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Gold, Starbucks Gold :)
Breakfast - French Toast

DEN-SFO 757-200

Breakfast available for pre-order.

Pre-Order Breakfast Menu

Old fashioned 2-2 lie-flat, cabin plate on the bulkhead advertised it as "Polaris", I would argue otherwise. Seats showing their age, plastic pieces hanging.

Loose panels at the seat

Purser was friendly and cheerful. Pre-departure drink of water or OJ.

She confirmed my pre-order of French Toast. Those ordering on board had choice of French Toast or scrambled eggs (I believe it was the tortilla scramble based upon the smell).

Captain was quite classy and gave welcome announcement standing in the aisle. The APU was inop and apologized for the warm temperature in the back of the cabin.

I requested Channel 9 as he walked by. "You got it!"

Channel 9 was on! Thank you Captain!

Hot towel followed by ordered beverage after departure.

I was seated in row 4 (last row) and got served 50 minutes after departure.

The French Toast was quite a hearty dish. Cinnamon bread slices were thick, baked brie cheese and apricot were crunchy and melty, and the mango (and plum? raisin?) compote was quite sweet. The whole sweet-savory / cheesy-fruity combination went together quite well as an ensemble. Thumbs up on this one! Highly recommend and will definitely order again.

Croissant did not look pretty. It was not warmed, but was flakey. Looked fresh - I would have eaten it if my main was not carby already.

Pre-filled water glass was nice. F/A offered coffee refills throughout the flight.

A great flight all around - great crew, great food, comfortable seat on a classic plane! Well worth waking up at o'dark thirty to fly on this oldie.

French Toast

Melty and crunchy cheese on the French Toast
m.y and ef00 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 2372 IAD-LAS, 1/7/2024
767-400ER

A PlusPoints upgrade cleared a day and a half in advance, allowing me to pre-order the apricot/brie baked French toast. Like N777UA just wrote, the sweet-vs.-savory combination here was great, even with the brie confined to a couple of ingots of cheese at the top of the dish. The croissant came out warm, the fruit was all fresh, and the yogurt was... yogurt. And then I enjoyed a lengthy nap in a bed in the sky.

Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:36 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Any idea what’s good on this menu? Just weird that the only protein option is beef?

Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:59 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Lonsinla
Any idea what’s good on this menu? Just weird that the only protein option is beef?

You're sure to get a variety of opinions but I've found the enchiladas to be excellent.
Lonsinla likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA ExecPlat & 1MM/DL Plat/HH Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Flying on IAD-AUS ay 1245p on the E170 op by Republic and reservation says "Lunch". Haven't head a meal on an RJ in a while, any idea what to expect? Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
EWR-LAX 787

Pre-ordered egg white bites. First time I've had - not bad. Catered options were French toast and frittata.

Old Jan 13, 2024, 11:50 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
SNA-EWR

Pre-ordered the burger to give it another chance, and to remind myself how terrible it is and to never order again. Bun was somehow hard and soggy all at the same time, and meat/cheese was barely palatable. Had a few fries and went to sleep.
Catered options were rigatoni and brisket.

RFNJ likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:32 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Anyone experience the new snack on 800 to 900 mile flights?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Flew DEN-BUR on Monday. Purser walked through the F cabin and offered people a take-off or a tapas box, took one round of drink orders, and then promptly disappeared until just before landing to pick up glasses and trash.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by dshafiee
Anyone experience the new snack on 800 to 900 mile flights?
The new snack is the same as old snack - just snack basket.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy gold
Originally Posted by 1200GS
SNA-EWR

Pre-ordered the burger to give it another chance, and to remind myself how terrible it is and to never order again. Bun was somehow hard and soggy all at the same time, and meat/cheese was barely palatable. Had a few fries and went to sleep.
Catered options were rigatoni and brisket.

burger would be fine if we'd be given the choice of not having cheese. It is the cheese making the burger terrible
iluv2fly and 1200GS like this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by BlackBear05
6Jan24 MCO-EWR Breakfast

PDB of water

No buttonhole on napkin

Frittata preordered
Priorities
Airbus_Retard likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.