Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA announces same MileagePlus thresholds for 2024, extra PQP from credit card spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2023, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

2024 Premier status: same program requirements, easier to earn PQP

Posted: November 9, 2023

We want to stay loyal to our MileagePlus® members because you’ve remained loyal to us. That’s why the Premier® program requirements will not change in 2024. You will not have to earn more Premier qualifying points (PQP) or take more Premier qualifying flights (PQF) to get status. We’re also making it easier to earn PQP with United MileagePlus credit cards issued by Chase.

Jumpstart your PQP balance
We’re giving current Premier members a head start in 2024 with automatic PQP deposits. All members with full Premier status on February 1, 2024, will get extra PQP added to their account. The number of PQP is based on status level.

250 Starting PQP Premier Silver
500 Starting PQP Premier Gold
750 Starting PQPPremier Platinum
1,250 Starting PQP Premier 1K

Earn Premier status easier through card spend
Here are the changes we’re making in 2024 to help you earn more PQP on United MileagePlus credit cards issued by Chase*:
  • Cardmembers will now earn 25 PQP for every $500 in qualifying card spend on eligible MileagePlus credit cards. At this new rate, Cardmembers can earn PQP faster and more frequently through qualifying purchases on their card.
  • All card-earned PQP will now count toward each status level, including the PQP-only requirement for Premier 1K® status*.
  • We’re increasing the total PQP amount you can earn annually with the United ClubSM Infinite Card. In 2024, you can earn up to 10,000 PQP from qualifying purchases on your United Club Infinite Card, up from 8,000 PQP in 2023.
  • We’re removing the annual cap of 15,000 PQP that you can earn from qualifying spend across multiple eligible United MileagePlus credit cards issued by Chase.
Thank you so much for continuing to fly with us. We hope you enjoy another year of rewarding travel.

*Terms and conditions:
  • PQP deposit will be based on the Premier status level held as of February 1, 2024. Members with trial status are not eligible to receive the PQP deposit.  PQP deposit amounts subject to change.
  • Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the 2024 MileagePlus program year stated benefits and services. PQP earned on eligible credit card spend will be awarded within 6 weeks of meeting the spend qualifications.
  • All members, including Cardmembers, must take a minimum of 4 flights on United or United Express to be eligible for Premier status, including Premier 1K.
  • Card-earned PQP amount is subject to an annual cap that varies by card.
  • Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus® program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for miles to post to your account. United® may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines® and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.
See additional MileagePlus terms and conditions.

Print Wikipost

UA announces same MileagePlus thresholds for 2024, extra PQP from credit card spend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2023, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM

New Program Announced per CNBC. Looks like spend levels stay the same, with enhanced credit card credits.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc715
New Program Announced per CNBC. Looks like spend levels stay the same, with enhanced credit card credits.
It reports 25 PQPs for each $500 spend on Chase credit card with no cap.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 6:38 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Hate to link to them, but UA gave TPG the details:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...tatus-changes/
Old Nov 9, 2023, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
Hate to link to them, but UA gave TPG the details:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...tatus-changes/
Here's a way to link without linking:
https://archive.is/OtHgZ
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I assume not all Chase United co-branded cards apply in this case. Only those cards currently earn PQPs.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
United revamps and enhances cobranded credit card PQPs for 2024

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-elite-status-changes/

​​​​
United Airlines has announced its plans to implement a few changes to its United MileagePlus program in 2024. Though Delta SkyMiles made waves after significantly increasing elite status requirements, United will not be raising the requirements for elite status in the new year.

In a statement to TPG, United said:

We're staying loyal to MileagePlus members the same way they've remained loyal to us by keeping 2023 Premier status qualification requirements in place for 2024. That includes continuing to give members a head start with PQP deposits, which they'll receive once again in early 2024 to use toward their status goals.
More details are in the link.
unitedwildcat likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:34 am

Programs: UA1K
wow actual consumer-friendly changes

way to go UA
Boraxo, st3, lsquare and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:39 am

Hmm, I was on the cusp of getting to another $12k in spend on my card, but was going to wait until 2024 to cross. I guess this means there's no point in waiting. I wonder when they'll start counting the $500 increments? For example, if I'm currently at 11750/12000, come January 1 will I need to spend $500 to get 25 PQP or just $250? I'm assuming it's the former.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I assume not all Chase United co-branded cards apply in this case. Only those cards currently earn PQPs.
With this change, and the fact that "all card-earned PQPs will now count toward each status level, including the PQP-only requirement for Premier 1K status" is there ay world where it makes sense to keep the Presidential Plus card now? Would it not be better to switch to the higher mileage earning Infinite Card given it earns 4x vs 2x?
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:56 am

Programs: United Mileageplus 1K; HHonors Diamond
I currently have the Explorer card, but have spent well over the $24k (1,000 PQP card spend annual limit) YTD. If I upgraded to the Quest or Club card, would I receive the extra PQPs up to the increased annual maximum? I.e. would my current spend on the Explorer card count toward additional PQPs, or only new spend on the upgraded card count for this year?
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
There are nine words in the body of that posting that I care about “No increase in United status requirements for next year” (2024).
As a voice in the outfield. I find it difficult to worry about what may or may not happen to next year’s requirements. I’ve reached my status the hard way, straight up Butts In Seats.
I've passed 1K for next year and by current projections will have increased travel in 2024.
I choose which airline I fly and my choice is based on which airline will get me to where I need to go. When I need to go and with the best price, schedule, comfort level, time in transit and for most of the last twenty eight years it has been United.
DrMilano likes this.

Last edited by Dublin_rfk; Nov 9, 2023 at 8:03 am
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by Clemson
Hmm, I was on the cusp of getting to another $12k in spend on my card, but was going to wait until 2024 to cross. I guess this means there's no point in waiting. I wonder when they'll start counting the $500 increments? For example, if I'm currently at 11750/12000, come January 1 will I need to spend $500 to get 25 PQP or just $250? I'm assuming it's the former.
Is that how it works? I thought it counted card spend in a calendar year, without rolling over, but I could definitely be wrong
boeingair likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 7:59 am
hch

Another indicator that they don't care about non-US based members. The new LH program actually starts looking nice, but requires you to actually earn half of it on LHG metal, which seems a bit painful
westkirby and gcashin like this.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K
Announced. Just got the email.

https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/mil...whats-new.html
Old Nov 9, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K

New thread because no longer speculation.

https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/mil...whats-new.html

No changes to MP thresholds, still a "head start" PQP bonus for existing elite tiers.

Only changes are additional PQP earning ability from credit card spend.
ContinentalFan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.