Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When to arrive MXP?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2023, 1:45 am
Original Poster

When to arrive MXP?

We are thinking of arriving at MXP at 9:04 for a 10:25 flight to EWR in J. We hope for OLCI and no checked luggage. Is this enough time to get through security, etc? If I understand correctly, we get Fast Track security as J pax.

Last edited by richarddd; Oct 31, 2023 at 2:12 am
Old Oct 31, 2023, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
It's a long walk and you still need to.clear exit immigration. If the machines are taking us passports, you are fine but if having to wait for a person....
muscae likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacharya
It's a long walk and you still need to.clear exit immigration. If the machines are taking us passports, you are fine but if having to wait for a person....
Machines were taking US passports on the way in. Would they not allow on the way out?
Old Oct 31, 2023, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
Machines were taking US passports on the way in. Would they not allow on the way out?
It's Italy.....
Old Oct 31, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
No such thing in Italy as "fast". I would arrive at least 30 minutes earlier than the OP wished. i flew back from MXP>EWR in J in September after barely recovering from Covid and it was a loooong walk to go any where at MXP to even get through " fast track". The OP needs more time even with carry on.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I don't remember it taking that long to get through immigration when I last traveled there summer 2022.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 1:24 am
Original Poster

I've read elsewhere that they now have egates and improved security scanners, which should make the process faster. To make sure we're not cutting it too tight, I think we'll take the 7:57 MXP express scheduled to arrive 8:34.

It looks like the flight typically leaves from gate B50 or close. I see there's a lounge at B01 and "The Sala Montale Lounge. Location: Boarding Area - Non-Schengen - First Floor Mezzanine" wherever those may be in relation to the gate? I'm not even seeing a gate B01 for T1 at https://www.milanomalpensa-airport.c...de/airport-map

Anything else to know about UA at MXP?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:09 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
It looks like the flight typically leaves from gate B50 or close. I see there's a lounge at B01 and "The Sala Montale Lounge. Location: Boarding Area - Non-Schengen - First Floor Mezzanine" wherever those may be in relation to the gate? I'm not even seeing a gate B01 for T1 at https://www.milanomalpensa-airport.c...de/airport-map

Anything else to know about UA at MXP?
Sala Montale lounge is located 2nd level, after immigration and before the long walkway to the pier of B-gates. You can see its location on the map on level 2. The lounge is a basic contract lounge. LH lounge is much better with bartender and better food. But LH lounge is in the Schengen zone and around 15min walk (plus immigration) to the B-gates.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Sala Montale lounge is located 2nd level, after immigration and before the long walkway to the pier of B-gates. You can see its location on the map on level 2. The lounge is a basic contract lounge. LH lounge is much better with bartender and better food. But LH lounge is in the Schengen zone and around 15min walk (plus immigration) to the B-gates.
What's the best lounge we are entitled to use that's a reasonable distance from the gate (usually B50 or B51) and doesn't require re-clearing immigration and security? At that hour, a comfortable seat is the main priority. We'll have eaten breakfast at our hotel and it's a bit early for a bar.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What's the best lounge we are entitled to use that's a reasonable distance from the gate (usually B50 or B51) and doesn't require re-clearing immigration and security? At that hour, a comfortable seat is the main priority. We'll have eaten breakfast at our hotel and it's a bit early for a bar.
There's no extra security screening to go schengen to non. And you will have to exit schengen anyway, it's just a matter of doing it before or after lounge. But if you only want to have a sit, sala montale will be easier.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Under 30 minutes from MXP express arrival to Sala Montale lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.