Wiki Posts
Search

Is 2MM status worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Is 2MM status worth it?

Seems like all the goodies are packed into 1MM. 3MM is lifetime 1K and that has advantages especially 280 plus points.

i won’t make 3MM but 2 is a year or so
away. Seems like a very small gain for a heck of a lot of flying.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
No, same as Plat is not worth the extra spend beyond Gold.

It's something you reach rather than something to aim for. 4MM is of course the holy grail.
jsloan, SPN Lifer, ani90 and 5 others like this.

Last edited by Kacee; Oct 14, 2023 at 9:05 am Reason: whoops 4 not 3
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by tryathlete
Seems like all the goodies are packed into 1MM. 3MM is lifetime 1K and that has advantages especially 280 plus points.

i won’t make 3MM but 2 is a year or so
away. Seems like a very small gain for a heck of a lot of flying.
I dont think you get PP every year with lifetime 1K. you just get the benefits of the status. Similar to the person who receives "gifted" status doesnt receive them, even as GS.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I dont think you get PP every year with lifetime 1K. you just get the benefits of the status. Similar to the person who receives "gifted" status doesnt receive them, even as GS.
1K lifetime does get PP but I think they only get 280, not 320 the way you’d have if you organically earned them
jsloan, SPN Lifer, lsquare and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2MM does come with 40 +P, and 3MM comes with 280 +P (they don't stack).

There are some ex-CO "infinite elite" who have lifetime 1K but no +P.
jsloan, SPN Lifer, uanj and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 9:28 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Platinum does get access to IN Saver Business Award inventory. Although that’s rarer and rarer to find, waitlisting for it with a companion has a decent success rate.
SPN Lifer and tryathlete like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
It's like this:
  • 1MM = Achievable to many frequent flyers, and a huge benefit for many years of future flying on UA and *A. Worth stretching for.
  • 2MM = Meh! Many 1MM will eventually get there naturally, but the benefit is minimal. Getting there will not have anyone celebrating in-flight crossing that line, as it's more of an embarrassment than an achievement.
  • 3MM = Not easy to get to, but a big jump in benefits.
  • 4MM = Ultimate achievement, but reserved for only a few. Close to unobtainium.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
I hit 2 million a few years ago. Other than the special recognition when it happened and a some points deposited in my account it’s no big deal as I am already 1k. I guess once I retire it will be nice to at least be in boarding group one as a platinum, but hopefully I will be at 3 million by then.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
If you’re considering a switch to another airline for your 100k annual BIS flying matched with spend then go for status match. If you’re mostly flying UA then just stay within the UA while enjoying other airlines. 2M is better than 1M - it sounds like you’re not far from it.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Lifetime 1ks get 280 PP annually.
SPN Lifer, uanj, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
I see lifetime platinum via 2MM as an insurance policy against future MP devaluations. If UA or *A ever decided that Star Gold didn't make the cut for lounge access, priority checkin, fast track security, etc. then maybe Platinum would? Having said that, I agree with others that 2MM probably is not worth reaching too much for.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bloodyeyeballs
I hit 2 million a few years ago. Other than the special recognition when it happened and a some points deposited in my account it’s no big deal as I am already 1k. I guess once I retire it will be nice to at least be in boarding group one as a platinum, but hopefully I will be at 3 million by then.
Currently 1MM/United Gold/*A Gold all board in group 1 with the Platinum folks. https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...g-process.html
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Lifetime 1ks get 280 PP annually.
good to know!
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Only if you are going to get there already, 3 and 4MM are the better levels after 1MM as others have said.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
As a sexagenarian with less than 600,000 UA lifetime miles (and less than 400,000 on DL & AA combined), the 2 MM lifetime level is not something I need to worry about.

I have compensated for this "shortcoming" over two decades ago by purchasing my lifetime spousal United Club and Admirals Club (actually CO & US, respectively) memberships.
Rare, uanj, halls120 and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.