Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Stored passport info vanishing from UA profile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2023, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Who else has had their stored passport info in United's system disappear for no reason?

I noticed about a week ago, figured it was a typical temporary .bomb glitch, but it's still gone so today I gave them a call. After being transferred through 6 separate agents/departments (premier desk agent -> mileageplus agent -> web support -> "special handling" (reservations) -> reservations supervisor -> premier agent who actually knew what was going on) they said it was happening to a bunch of people and they didn't know why, they had filed reports already and would file another one for me. My passport has been in the system for years and never disappeared before, even through the chaos of covid and the introduction of the "travel ready center", curious how many others have been affected and if you reuploaded it and had it disappear again?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I don't have data points, but I'd prefer the traditional method of swiping my passport at the airport kiosk rather than bothering with the app. As almost every pax would have checked luggage on international itinerary, so might as well get it all done at the airport at once.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold
It's a recurring problem for me. Happens every other international trip or so.
uanj and J_Stroming like this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
I don't have data points, but I'd prefer the traditional method of swiping my passport at the airport kiosk rather than bothering with the app. As almost every pax would have checked luggage on international itinerary, so might as well get it all done at the airport at once.
Just a tiny bit faster since passport readers could be a bit finicky. Of course, if one travels light, this is superhelpful.

To original question - happens to me every now and then, but I don't bother to call - just re-upload the passport.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mendicantmonk
Who else has had their stored passport info in United's system disappear for no reason?
As of last weekend, mine was still in there from whenever I uploaded it perhaps 2½ years ago. But as a Premier Silver, I haven't been flying that much.

Regarding your username, never buy flowers from a monk.

Only you can prevent florist friars!
Xyzzy, uanj, UAinAUS and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by SkiBikeBeer
It's a recurring problem for me. Happens every other international trip or so.
Mine disappears from time to time, thankfully not as often as you have experienced.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 5:49 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Haven't happened to me in a while, perhaps since 2018. It always remembers our passports in the "Travel-Ready Center". I always make sure of that before OLCI since I don't want to waste time entering data that should be there in the first place. Instead I need to concentrate on if I can do a buy-up
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 7:13 am

Both of mine disappeared twice in the last three weeks, after being stored for several years. Did not realize it was a common problem.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Mine does not disappear but fails to transfer to the Travel Ready section often.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 9:53 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
It just happened to me this past Monday for the first time.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Yep. Maybe once a year.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Yes, both my TATL and TPAC in the last 2 weeks had 'forgotten' everything, KTN, PP#, DOB, the whole thing. I just check in at the airport and it seems to be OK. I've noticed this seems to be a problem I see more with the mobile app. Very frustrating. I'm always worried that putting my KTN into the reservation an hour before check in is what has prompted the dreaded SSSS a couple of times recently.....
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by timfountain; Oct 6, 2023 at 9:59 am
Old Oct 8, 2023, 10:22 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Lifetime Hilton Diamond
My passport information is no longer in my profile. Is anyone else's gone?
RESPONSE FROM UNITED: Just called and found out that they are updating systems and ultimately, everyone will have to rescan their passport and enter their number again.

Last edited by LHR Wannabee; Oct 8, 2023 at 10:50 pm
Old Oct 9, 2023, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just tried out TRC for one of my reservations, and it had passport info still saved and available. I've only ever added passport through the app scanning function when checking in (had to redo that once around 2021 but not since then).

Is there somewhere else in profile that has passport info? Not sure where in "profile" that everyone mentions seeing it go missing. I can't find any place for passport information other than through a trip with a passport requirement.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 12:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Pass experience showed UA required revaluation for infrequent international travelers. I have had to refresh my passport at least once this year (I keep a jpeg of the passport page) and it takes just minute or two to refresh. My international travels will have 3-4 month gaps.

Originally Posted by LHR Wannabee
... RESPONSE FROM UNITED: Just called and found out that they are updating systems and ultimately, everyone will have to rescan their passport and enter their number again.
I always treat such responses with skepticism until we have multiple confirming reports.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.