Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

30% bonus convert hotel points into MileagePlus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2023, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium

For a limited time, convert hotel points to MileagePlus® miles and we'll give you a 30% bonus — up to 25,000 bonus miles.
Register and convert by October 31, 2023, to earn your bonus miles.

https://promo.united.com/offers/p2m
Old Oct 3, 2023, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
For a limited time, convert hotel points to MileagePlus® miles and we'll give you a 30% bonus — up to 25,000 bonus miles.
Register and convert by October 31, 2023, to earn your bonus miles.

https://promo.united.com/offers/p2m
Thank you for posting this. While normally this type of conversion isn't a great deal, there's one particular transaction that doesn't look half bad. 60K Marriott points would become 39K United miles (limit 2x before you get capped).

Marriott points are increasingly about as valuable as SkyPesos, so if you have a specific, available UA redemption in mind, this might be a good deal.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was looking to take advantage of this by moving Bonvoy to United miles, but kept going in circles looking for the actual link.

Had to dig through the Marriott site to find it. For anyone else looking- https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/red...ts-to-miles.mi
SPN Lifer and jsloan like this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jsloan (Post # 2)
60K Marriott points would become 39K United miles (limit 2x before you get capped).
60K points, at the normal 3:1 ratio, would become 20K miles, plus an additional 10K miles for multiples of 60K points. So 60K points normally becomes 30K miles.

https://travel-partner.marriott.com/united/en-us

The 30% promo means it becomes 39K miles instead.

Make sure the names on both accounts match exactly.
jsloan likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 7:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold
Thanks for the info! I just transferred 60k points.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan
Marriott points are increasingly about as valuable as SkyPesos, so if you have a specific, available UA redemption in mind, this might be a good deal.
The bolded is the key. Despite the bonus, I would not speculatively transfer just on bump up UA miles, especially in the era of dynamic awards.

Marriott points can still be useful in situations where cash rates are exhiorbant but award prices are locked in at a specified level. Recently I gifted a deserving friend a vacation where the nightly cash rate was almost $1K, but the award rate was still reasonable (averaged around 80K points per night). Marriott still gave me the stay credit...haha
jsloan and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I am thinking about doing Choice -> UA conversion. I have a metric ton of Choice points (originating from Radisson) and don't recall when I last stayed at a Choice property. Probably wasn't in this millennium. I did read somewhere that Choice has some sweet spots, but I am not sure that I would find the opportunity to plan my travel around those (though I do need to look into it). Yes, UA miles have lost value, and I don't have a specific redemption in mind, but I don't mind having enough miles ready to go in the UA account for when a deal materializes.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by Repooc17
The bolded is the key. Despite the bonus, I would not speculatively transfer just on bump up UA miles, especially in the era of dynamic awards.

Marriott points can still be useful in situations where cash rates are exhiorbant but award prices are locked in at a specified level. Recently I gifted a deserving friend a vacation where the nightly cash rate was almost $1K, but the award rate was still reasonable (averaged around 80K points per night). Marriott still gave me the stay credit...haha
Even in that example, you got less than .8 cents per point. That's pretty standard redemption value for Bonvoy. You basically paid about 1k a night worth of points. That's the new world of dynamic award pricing.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by AnkSFO
Even in that example, you got less than .8 cents per point. That's pretty standard redemption value for Bonvoy. You basically paid about 1k a night worth of points. That's the new world of dynamic award pricing.
80k at 0.8 is $640. Not $1K

​​​​​​Went off by memory, checked email record: 110K total for 2 nights + 20K to upgrade room, so 130K total, 65K average.
jsloan likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I am thinking about doing Choice -> UA conversion. I have a metric ton of Choice points (originating from Radisson) and don't recall when I last stayed at a Choice property. Probably wasn't in this millennium. I did read somewhere that Choice has some sweet spots, but I am not sure that I would find the opportunity to plan my travel around those (though I do need to look into it). Yes, UA miles have lost value, and I don't have a specific redemption in mind, but I don't mind having enough miles ready to go in the UA account for when a deal materializes.
is that one 5000 into 2600 with current bonuses?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy LTP
Originally Posted by Repooc17
80k at 0.8 is $640. Not $1K

​​​​​​Went off by memory, checked email record: 110K total for 2 nights + 20K to upgrade room, so 130K total, 65K average.
I was an idiot. i divided instead of multiplied. I stand corrected.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Make sure the names on both accounts match exactly.
My UA account has my full middle name, while my Bonvoy account doesn't have my middle name. Do you know if that matters?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 2:29 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
My UA account has my full middle name, while my Bonvoy account doesn't have my middle name. Do you know if that matters?
Mr. Ericka just did a transfer with a situation like this and the miles came over fine. I believe as long as the first and last name match you’re ok.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by azepine00
is that one 5000 into 2600 with current bonuses?
It looks like it.

https://www.choicehotels.com/choice-...wards-exchange

For a limited time, Choice Privileges® members are eligible to redeem 5,000 or more Choice Privileges® points into United MileagePlus miles at double the normal rate; while this promotion lasts - for every 5,000 Choice Privileges® points you redeem, you’ll get 2,000 MileagePlus miles, instead of the standard amount of 1000. Minimum redemption is 5,000 Choice Privileges® points (for 2,000 MileagePlus miles) and redemptions above 5,000 must be in 1,000 point increments. Transactions must be completed between 12:00 a.m. ET September 1, 2023 and 11:59 p.m. ET, October 15, 2023 to be eligible to receive the offer.”

That should stack with the 30% offer, I think? So 5000 Choice Points become 2000 miles + 30% = 2600 miles.

My 180,000 points would become 72,000 miles, and 30% would add 21,600 miles for a total of 93,600 miles.

Frequent Miler has a reasonable redemption value of 1.3c/mile for UA and 0.68c/point for Choice Points. I don’t have a good sense of the value of Choice points, but 180,000 points would let me stay six nights at the Radisson SeaTac (*) where the room rate is around $180+tax, so this seems reasonable.

180,000 points = $1224
93,600 miles = $1216

Seems like a reasonable conversion, and then I don’t have to spend more mental energy on yet another account (Choice) as I am more likely to use UA miles.

(*) an airport hotel that I occasionally used pre-or post flight during the Radisson Rewards days.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 4:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
marriott points to united miles bonus 30%, when can i get the 30%?

marriott points to united miles bonus 30%, when can i get the 30%?

i just transfer 60000 marriott points and get the 30000 united miles quickly
when will i get the bonus 9000 miles? thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.