Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Kirby: Pax Compensation Proposal Raises Safety Concerns

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kirby: Pax Compensation Proposal Raises Safety Concerns

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2023, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
Kirby is worried about two things - profit and bonus
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
What US CEO isn’t?
In truth there are scads of CEOs worried about more -- their reputations with shareholders and customers, the expectations of a younger clientele that cares about company values and social impact, taking care of their employees and investing in labor peace, etc.

Such CEOs run Patagonia, Costco, BlackRock, IKEA, Sodexo, and many more. They are profitable and enjoy shareholder support, and you don't see federal regulations brewing to give Patagonia or Costco customers a fighting chance against a company that keeps remorselessly whacking them upside the head.

I know of no such animal in airline C-suites, though, except perhaps David Neeleman. The business seems to attract a certain brutal leader type.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.