Search

Mileage Plus Event Denver Ritz Carlton

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2023, 4:56 pm
DEN
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Mileage Plus Event Denver Ritz Carlton, 9/20/23 Evening

Received this afternoon. I was tempted but decided to pass. The last time I attended one of these, I drank the Polaris cool-aid and still haven’t fully recovered

“Please join us for an evening at The Ritz Carlton, the city's first and longest running AAA Five Diamond hotel, bringing luxury to a new altitude. You're one of our most-valued Premier® members, and to show our appreciation, you're invited to a cocktail reception on Wednesday, September 20, where you'll meet and mingle with our leaders and fellow Premier members.

For a donation of 2,000 miles, you and a guest will enjoy hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. Your donation will support World Central Kitchen, an organization that is first to the frontlines providing fresh meals in response to crises.

Space is limited, so please RSVP using the link below. “

This is likely targeted so check your inboxes!

DEN
limey1K and SPN Lifer like this.

Last edited by DEN; Sep 5, 2023 at 5:04 pm Reason: Added Date
Old Sep 5, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Email received but I'll be out of the country. One of these days it will work out that I can attend
Old Sep 5, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Got the invite but won't be going. Last time we went to Elway's, we parked in one of the lots on Champa and our car was broken into and all the windows were smashed. In addition, I was meeting an important client from Philly, and his wife had observed addicts injecting right outside the hotel in broad daylight. Downtown is deteriorating.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 5:30 pm
DEN
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zombietooth
Got the invite but won't be going. Last time we went to Elway's, we parked in one of the lots on Champa and our car was broken into and all the windows were smashed. In addition, I was meeting an important client from Philly, and his wife had observed addicts injecting right outside the hotel in broad daylight. Downtown is deteriorating.
Denver worked hard in the 80’s to remove the “cow town” image…….they definitely succeeded!

DEN
zombietooth likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 5:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Is this a MileagePlus Exclusive event? a Chase MP cardholder event? or status based event?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 5:45 pm
DEN
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Is this a MileagePlus Exclusive event? or status based event?
Hard for me to tell. They did refer to us as most valued Premier members, without really calling out any status level. Maybe they value me because they have never had to have the police drag me off a plane .

I got rid of my United Chase card over 3 years ago so I should be flushed off their lists by now.

DEN
zombietooth and sexykitten7 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I did something similar last November here in DC. They held it at the St. Regis, in conjunction with Marriott Bonvoy. It was nice. Glad to see Denver getting the same treatment.

At the DC event, they had several MileagePlus execs walking around, along with Asian tapas and tons of alcohol. Tom Stuker was also there. At the end of the night, they gave everyone an Away carry-on suitcase as a parting gift.
SPN Lifer and am1108 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sannmann
I did something similar last November here in DC. They held it at the St. Regis, in conjunction with Marriott Bonvoy. It was nice. Glad to see Denver getting the same treatment.

At the DC event, they had several MileagePlus execs walking around, along with Asian tapas and tons of alcohol. Tom Stuker was also there. At the end of the night, they gave everyone an Away carry-on suitcase as a parting gift.
Wow. At the SFO event last year, I think the parting gift was a piece of candy and other little trinkets in a tote bag.
SF_DUKE, SPN Lifer and uanj like this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
I received an invite. No UA Chase card. Just a 1K. Sadly I'll be out of the country then. Mrs. IMissthe747 will be in town... she may be able to go as my +1 and tell me the stories of the evening. Sad to miss it!
Old Sep 6, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Seems like status based. Nothing for a lowly 1MM Gold status.....

I'm interested in the 2,000 mile donation requirement. That seems new for this type of event.
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by tods27
Seems like status based. Nothing for a lowly 1MM Gold status.....

I'm interested in the 2,000 mile donation requirement. That seems new for this type of event.
I've seen this several times on the invitations from UA in the NYC area -- I believe that the reason for it is to allow them to treat the meeting expense differently for accounting purposes....
Old Sep 6, 2023, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm 1K and have nothing in my inbox.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Nothing for this DEN-based 1K 1MMer either.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm 1K and have nothing in my inbox.
Likely targeted for Denver area elites.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Any other city's invites making the rounds yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.