Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

no UA miles earned booking marriott at corprorate rate from shopping.mileageplus.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no UA miles earned booking marriott at corprorate rate from shopping.mileageplus.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2023, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

no miles earned when i book marriott hotels from shopping.mileageplus.com

because i use company price to booking marriott hotels?
Old Aug 24, 2023, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by exjock4foodie
no miles earned when i book marriott hotels from shopping.mileageplus.com

No United miles, or no Marriott points?
Old Aug 24, 2023, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct. Here's the relevant text from the Marriott page on the shopping site:

Rewards not eligible on: Member Exclusive Offer bookings, Rooms offered at specially negotiated rates, where the customer is required to be affiliated with or employed by a particular company or organization to receive the special rate (e.g., corporate rate, government rate or the Marriott employee rate),
Marriott doesn't pay commission on those rates, so they're excluded from the shopping program.
dw likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
In general, hotel programs do not give points for booking through online travel agencies.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
In general, hotel programs do not give points for booking through online travel agencies.
True, but shopping.mileageplus.com is a referral program, not an OTA. So you can book a regular rate through the shopping site and get full Marriott Rewards credit plus the shopping credit -- but Marriott has blocked all non-commissionable rates from affiliate programs also.
goodeats21 and tods27 like this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Marriott by default shows the "Deals and Packages" tab, and these rates do not earn points: Which rate did the OP book, Standard rate tab, or the other tabs?

Additional Information
Non-Commissionable Rate
Old Aug 24, 2023, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ovacikar
Marriott by default shows the "Deals and Packages" tab, and these rates do not earn points: Which rate did the OP book, Standard rate tab, or the other tabs?

Additional Information
Non-Commissionable Rate
Most Deals and Packages do earn! You need to check if the rate is commissionable or not. Corporate rates are never commissionable and don't earn cashback
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by cfischer
Most Deals and Packages do earn! You need to check if the rate is commissionable or not. Corporate rates are never commissionable and don't earn cashback
Years ago I could add my SPG number to my wife’s reservation. Doesn’t work anymore and rightfully so. Last year for her conference at the Westin she tried adding her number, didn’t work. No big deal, it was fun while it lasted.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tods27
No United miles, or no Marriott points?
no united miles
i book marriott hotels via shopping.mileageplus.com
so i was supposed to get united miles? right?
Old Aug 25, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no united miles
i book marriott hotels via shopping.mileageplus.com
so i was supposed to get united miles? right?
no, you were not supposed to get any miles. You didn't book a commissionable rate
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
no, you were not supposed to get any miles. You didn't book a commissionable rate
what is commissionable rate?
actually my company rate is higher than the marriott rate without any promo code
Old Aug 28, 2023, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what is commissionable rate?
actually my company rate is higher than the marriott rate without any promo code
that is a rate that Marriott pays commission on. Yes, non-commissonable rates can be higher than commissionable ones.

If you look at the rate rules it will say which one it is. Corporate rates do not earn any cashback.
jsloan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.