Search

Global Services - Dublin Specific

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2023, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Global Services - Dublin Specific

Hello All,

Have the option of GS through Pass Plus and would be flying mainly through Dublin which, as many of you may/may not know is a bit of a disaster as late in terms of delays getting through the airport. If a UA GS, what could I expect over and beyond (if any) at DUB if a UA GS.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
what could I expect over and beyond (if any) at DUB if a UA GS.
the only expectation would be you would be first to pre board as a GS

AFAIK, since there is not a *A lounge there... only thing I can think of is ability to use EI's lounge if your in Polaris (and that is a perk for all Polaris passengers, not just GS). Maybe a shorter check in line and priority security if offered.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
There's a priority security line for elites and business class at DUB. Beyond that, nothing else. US pre-clearance does not have any separated lines for business class or elites.
Repooc17 and BearX220 like this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Did this just over a week ago. No sign of any special GS treatment at all at DUB, and even got the "Military/GS/1K/if you think you're special you can board now" combined announcement.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by hirohito888
There's a priority security line for elites and business class at DUB. Beyond that, nothing else. US pre-clearance does not have any separated lines for business class or elites.
US pre-clearance is about the only thing that DUB has going for it, but I wouldn’t use DUB just because of USPC. The airport is a disaster, but, aside from pre boarding, I haven’t seen anything special there for United Elites.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I wouldn’t use DUB just because of USPC. The airport is a disaster....
The analysis should include consideration of what US gateway disaster you might be flying into. Last time we went through border processing at ORD it was a 75-minute queue with 20 out of 24 processing booths unmanned. We'll embrace the small disaster that is DUB to have USPC and avoid the full-scale disaster that is O'Hare T5.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by BearX220
The analysis should include consideration of what US gateway disaster you might be flying into. Last time we went through border processing at ORD it was a 75-minute queue with 20 out of 24 processing booths unmanned. We'll embrace the small disaster that is DUB to have USPC and avoid the full-scale disaster that is O'Hare T5.
I read the 75 minute comment and it seemed an extreme outlier. Looking up yesterday's processing times at ORD T5, the highest number of passengers processed during the day was from 2 PM to 3 PM. The average wait time in that hour for both US and non-US citizens was 21 minutes.

The real benefit of preclearance is with making connections at your US landing airport.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
I read the 75 minute comment and it seemed an extreme outlier.
As they say in the mutual fund business, past performance is no predictor of future returns. CBP staffing levels are impossible to predict or rely on. We rolled into T5 around 600pm off an A380, and two ore three other widebodies docked around the same time, so... 1000-1500 customers. Maybe on a different day CBP will have 15 officers perking and working, but on our recent day, and who knows how many others past, present, and future, there were four handling US citizens. I'll take DUB.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by BearX220
As they say in the mutual fund business, past performance is no predictor of future returns. CBP staffing levels are impossible to predict or rely on. We rolled into T5 around 600pm off an A380, and two ore three other widebodies docked around the same time, so... 1000-1500 customers. Maybe on a different day CBP will have 15 officers perking and working, but on our recent day, and who knows how many others past, present, and future, there were four handling US citizens. I'll take DUB.
I mentioned yesterday's stats but they're actually Monday's, if that matters. I've been through ORD CBP several times and in each case it was pretty much march right through. Nothing was ever close to 75 minutes. As for Monday 6 to 7 PM, average process time was 18 minutes (US) and 17 minutes (non-US) for 1735 passengers. But you're right, it can't be predicted perfectly. On any given day, 75+% of the staff could be out sick which must have been the case on the disasterous day you had there.

Preclearance isn't always a picnic, either. I've seen very long lines at YYZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.