Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase United Club Card - Your membership has expired email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2023, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass

I've had the Chase United Club card for several years, I just got an email saying my United Club membership has expired. I'd checked my email history to see if that was something that happens every year but nope, thats the first time I've ever received an email like it.

If i look at the United Club Pass in the United app, it has updated the expiry date to 2024, but it wont let me add the new pass to my wallet (I get an error each time I try).

I guess we'll see what happens next time I try to get into a United Club.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 7:56 am

I saw the same thing and also searched emails. Since I am flying in 4 days, I called. They claim it is a glitch and that I won't have any trouble. I suppose time will tell.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 1:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As Chase Infinite Club card holder, received the same email but later received an email recalling the message as an error. First message in earky June, second message 5 days later

Your United Club subscription - sent in error

In a previous email, you may have received incorrect information about extending your United Club membership for a fee. This email was sent in error. As long as your United ClubSM Infinite card is still active, your membership will automatically extend and you do not need to take any action. We apologize for any confusion and thank you for being a loyal Cardmember.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
That is interesting…I received an email from Chase today warning to beware of scams. Wonder if the email was a legit error, or an attempt to scam confidential info out of you.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nikongirl
That is interesting…I received an email from Chase today warning to beware of scams. Wonder if the email was a legit error, or an attempt to scam confidential info out of you.
I think it's an error. Family member showed me the email, and it offered membership renewal for the price of "$null".
Old Jul 2, 2023, 7:09 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
I got the same email this morning. The annual fee on my Infinite Club Card posted last cycle. Paid for it with 30K miles through MP Choices (I have the approval email). However, the expiration date on my UC card in the app has not changed to 2024. Not sure who to call. Chase or Mileage Plus or the Platinum line (if there even is such a thing).
Old Jul 2, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by wjj
I got the same email this morning. The annual fee on my Infinite Club Card posted last cycle. Paid for it with 30K miles through MP Choices (I have the approval email). However, the expiration date on my UC card in the app has not changed to 2024. Not sure who to call. Chase or Mileage Plus or the Platinum line (if there even is such a thing).
Got one this morning too. I wouldn't even bother calling. Probably a glitch in how they've set their emails up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.