Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA award bookings (to tokyo & elsewhere), phantom lower mileage options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know why the weekly results bar is showing 35K but it’s 55K on each of those days. I’m fully prepared to dump 55k but was curious if someone knows if there is a way to access the 35k.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
What if you scroll all the way down? It's probably some horrible routing.
TXJeepGuy and marks88 like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drewguy
What if you scroll all the way down? It's probably some horrible routing.

That was my first thought. Nothing there on any of the days even if I scroll down.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Do a re-search, does it still appear? You are trying to search goes to the begin of schedule and inventory can be influx.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe less than 4 seats available at 35k each? What does search for single traveler yield? You might have to break reservation to match # of available 35lk awards if that is case.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
you need to expand at the bottom 'show all flights' ... then sort again. The top box shows the cheapest flight (but the results below are often limited to the first 35).

35 seems wrong though for US-TYO ...

There is a master thread for award tickets Q&A ...
uanj and Air Houston like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jedibarnes
Does anyone know why the weekly results bar is showing 35K but it’s 55K on each of those days. I’m fully prepared to dump 55k but was curious if someone knows if there is a way to access the 35k.

The 35k in the weekly preview doesn't show up for me on desktop. Maybe it's an app exclusive feature.

Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mogi67
The 35k in the weekly preview doesn't show up for me on desktop. Maybe it's an app exclusive feature.
It wasn't showing for me on the app, hence the suggestion to re-search. It may have been a beginning of schedule issue.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:38 pm

Suggestions above are all good to rule out any visibility issues. But likely an issue with the app.

I search award very regularly on app and see this glitch often. It’s a form of ghost availability.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It wasn't showing for me on the app, hence the suggestion to re-search. It may have been a beginning of schedule issue.
Just did a re-search and it is still showing up the same. Never seen this happen myself. I’ve booked dozens of award flight and usually it’s a scroll down and “show all flights” problem.

Originally Posted by Raven139AS
Suggestions above are all good to rule out any visibility issues. But likely an issue with the app.

I search award very regularly on app and see this glitch often. It’s a form of ghost availability.
Thanks, I’m on there a lot as well and never quite seen this iteration of ghost awards. Maybe an end of schedule type issue like someone else suggested.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 30, 2023 at 4:45 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
35k is not accurate for TYO in X/XN, I can't replicate it either.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:36 pm

Same, not able to. Would have been nice!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
35k is not accurate for TYO in X/XN, I can't replicate it either.

Unable to replicate in the app? I can’t get near a computer for the next week but others were saying they were unable to on the computer.

Unable to replicate in the app? I can’t get near a computer for the next week but others were saying they were unable to on the computer.

Also, I shoulda mentioned earlier but I have United CC attached to this account for better rewards. Who knows…

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 30, 2023 at 4:46 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:48 pm

Unable to replicate in the app? ...
I have Chase MP card and Plat status
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It wasn't showing for me on the app, ...
Old Jun 30, 2023, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Raven139AS

Is that the case? I've seen this behavior from the app before, but never bother to create a thread and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.