Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa award travel

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2023, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Lufthansa award travel

Am trying to book award travel using UA mileage plus for a routing from the US to FRA to BLR on LH in July, returning October. But the LH award flights dont show up even though they show up when paying with $. This has never happened before, and I have been doing this for 10+ years with award travel on LH available 6 months in advance. . Any idea when LH would release award inventory for July travel?
Thanks
Old May 14, 2023, 12:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by quark99
Am trying to book award travel using UA mileage plus for a routing from the US to FRA to BLR on LH in July, returning October. But the LH award flights dont show up even though they show up when paying with $. This has never happened before, and I have been doing this for 10+ years with award travel on LH available 6 months in advance. . Any idea when LH would release award inventory for July travel?
Thanks
Trying just 2 months in advance for the peak award travel period, maybe all the award space for partners has been taken. LH sometimes will open up more space (if any is available) 1-2 weeks prior to travel.
Old May 14, 2023, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

I guess so. But even for the return in mid Oct there is no LH award. I will keep checking. Thanks
Old May 14, 2023, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by quark99
Thanks
6 months in advance is not between now and July
This summer is crazy wrt TATL travel and highly doubt LH will release award seats until very close to departure. Try to get UA metal to FRA and then LH metal to BLR ... that has a higher chance compared to getting LH all the way. Do you have access to XN inventory?
Old May 15, 2023, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Just context: In my searches for SFO-BLR in June/July, returning in early August, over the last several weeks, and via FRA with LH is pricing out at $4300+ in economy. So no surprise there are no award seats.

Yes, as noted, prices are crazy. Same searches, cheapest flights (via SIN) are running $2K+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.