Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to book directly on Lufthansa using united miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2023, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Is there a way to book flights on Lufthansa.com directly using united mileage plus miles? I have typically booked flights on LH using United mileage plus miles on united.com but would like to do so directly on lufthansa.com because the LH award flights I want are not showing up on united.com and I thought maybe they would on lufthansa.com. But I could not figure out how to do it.

Thanks
Old May 13, 2023, 8:58 pm

No you can't
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old May 13, 2023, 9:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by quark99
....would like to do so directly on lufthansa.com because the LH award flights I want are not showing up on united.com and I thought maybe they would on lufthansa.com. ...
Like UA, LH saves some flight inventory for its program members.

As mentioned you can not use UA miles to book award flights on LH's site. You will have to change your mileage accrual from UA to LH (and status earning to LH). Or use a credit card that will earn LH miles.
Old May 14, 2023, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.