Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Where is the ticket number hiding(& why won't UA.com email a copy of itin? Unticketed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where is the ticket number hiding(& why won't UA.com email a copy of itin? Unticketed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2023, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC

Have a trip to Madrid being booked by a clients travel agent that has shown up in my upcoming trips list though I haven't actually heard from the TA yet, so I'm trying to figure out if it has actually been ticketed or just "on hold".... Last time I had a TA book an itinerary (3ish years ago) it was clear because there was no ticket # shown.

I went to try to apply PP to it since I'm drowning in them and UA.com is throwing a "This itinerary is not eligible to be upgraded" and it showing 0 PQD.

I can't find the ticket # on .com or mobile. When I try to email the itinerary to myself it doesn't seem to get sent, On .com I can't get the fare rules to display either (haven't found a way on mobile)...

Anyone want to wager on if it's unticketed and might be able to do something eventually vs. ticketed in some hellish contract fare with no earnings and no upgradability?
Old Mar 10, 2023, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Have a trip to Madrid being booked by a clients travel agent that has shown up in my upcoming trips list though I haven't actually heard from the TA yet, so I'm trying to figure out if it has actually been ticketed or just "on hold".... Last time I had a TA book an itinerary (3ish years ago) it was clear because there was no ticket # shown.

I went to try to apply PP to it since I'm drowning in them and UA.com is throwing a "This itinerary is not eligible to be upgraded" and it showing 0 PQD.

I can't find the ticket # on .com or mobile. When I try to email the itinerary to myself it doesn't seem to get sent, On .com I can't get the fare rules to display either (haven't found a way on mobile)...

Anyone want to wager on if it's unticketed and might be able to do something eventually vs. ticketed in some hellish contract fare with no earnings and no upgradability?
Most likely unticketed. Don't believe there is anyway to see status the app, but when you pull it up on united.com > My Trips it should list the ticket status right under the confirmation number (see below). Should be one of unticketed, processing, or ticketed at (date/time). The email receipt option only sends you what is reflected on current eTicket, so probably won't send if it's unticketed. If you don't see the ticket status on united.com you can just call in and ask as well. As far as I've seen, United only discloses the eTicket number in the emailed receipt and no where on united.com or the app.

Old Mar 10, 2023, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
Most likely unticketed. Don't believe there is anyway to see status the app, but when you pull it up on united.com > My Trips it should list the ticket status right under the confirmation number (see below). Should be one of unticketed, processing, or ticketed at (date/time). The email receipt option only sends you what is reflected on current eTicket, so probably won't send if it's unticketed. If you don't see the ticket status on united.com you can just call in and ask as well. As far as I've seen, United only discloses the eTicket number in the emailed receipt and no where on united.com or the app.

Yep -- a club agent was kind enough to pull up the PNR and confirm that it's unticketed... What's confusing is I'm used to seeing that (and have seen "Ticket status: Not yet ticketed" or something similar on previous TA booked itineraries, but it seems in UA's quest to dumb things down that's no longer displayed, e.g. for the subject itinerary:

So I thought "Ok, maybe the lack of a ticket status is the indication that it's not yet ticketed" but when I look at itineraries that I've booked myself on UA.com and know are ticketed... Uhhhhmmmm... actually that's strange. I swear it wasn't showing on any of the reservations but now that I've gone back to grab a screenshot it is there.

So it seems UA is now indicating that a reservation is not ticketed by not showing the ticket status at all.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
When I try to email the itinerary to myself it doesn't seem to get sent
Does your email have any special characters in it? Mine has an underscore, and United's systems always choke on it.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Does your email have any special characters in it? Mine has an underscore, and United's systems always choke on it.
Nope -- we're pretty low-key with mine being (firstname)@(company).com... Now if my (hyphenated) last name were part of the address I could see _that_ causing issues... Since I usually get UA email I think Lux Flyer 's theory that the email goes off the eticket and if there's no eticket there's nothing to email is probably right (thought it would be nice if UA told us this rather than claiming to have sent the message but silently choking.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Nope -- we're pretty low-key with mine being (firstname)@(company).com... Now if my (hyphenated) last name were part of the address I could see _that_ causing issues... Since I usually get UA email I think Lux Flyer 's theory that the email goes off the eticket and if there's no eticket there's nothing to email is probably right (thought it would be nice if UA told us this rather than claiming to have sent the message but silently choking.
Even when I have a fully ticketed itinerary, it never emails to me ... there's definitely some gremlins in the email system. Has been that way since the pmCO days.

You may very well be on to something - if it's not ticketed, it probably won't email out. Sounds like a call is in order.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:47 pm

You can try email receipt and see if there is a ticket number on it. If no ticket number then it has not been ticketed. BTW, if the ageny issue a bulk fare, it may not be able to upgrade either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.