Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

FC Waitlist, upgrades with $ and miles: When do you find out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Motel 6, LLO Titanium

So, being put on the Waitlist after using miles and dollars to try to fly First Class, when do you find out if it is accepted??? 7 days in advance (ish)???? This flight is still a month out....
Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:10 am

Anytime between now and when the plane to the door closes. As it's a waitlist, there is a chance it will never clear. You will be able to see where you are on the waitlist about ~3 days out.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mosaic
So, being put on the Waitlist after using miles and dollars to try to fly First Class, when do you find out if it is accepted??? 7 days in advance (ish)???? This flight is still a month out....
Thanks.
On my recent SEA-DEN flight, I found out about my upgrade 30 minutes before boarding started. On my upcoming DEN-SEA flight, I was upgraded 3 weeks before departure.
ZenFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.