Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Multi-day international itinerary - arrival lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite

Am arriving into IAH on a Saturday in terminal C and leaving for MX on a Sunday out of terminal E (same PNR and ticket.) I am a 1K/*Gold.

I know I will have lounge access leaving on Sunday, but can I get into the UC on Saturday? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
Am arriving into IAH on a Saturday in terminal C and leaving for MX on a Sunday out of terminal E (same PNR and ticket.) I am a 1K/*Gold.

I know I will have lounge access leaving on Sunday, but can I get into the UC on Saturday? Thanks in advance.
No, you will not be able to get into the UC on Saturday.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019

Yes, UA would allow access if you could get to the UC.
BUT after clearing USA immigration / customs, you will be outside of security and would need a same day BP to re-enter the secure area where the UC is located.
drewguy likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:08 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Yes, but...

sannmann is correct if you are arriving IAH on an international flight, as you would need to go landside and your connecting flight BP will not get you through TSA security as it is for a next day flight. But if you are arriving from a domestic origin you can indeed acccess the united Club as you would not have to leave the airside secure area.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:55 pm

Just book a refundable flight on another airline to get airside, cancel it right after clearing TSA
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:06 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nd2010
Just book a refundable flight on another airline to get airside, cancel it right after clearing TSA
Is it worth trying this to get into an average (below average) airlines lounge? 😝
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
UA scans the departing BP for access to UC. No access without a UA onward BP.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
One needs a UA or *A ticket to pursue this ethically challenged suggestion.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes, UA would allow access if you could get to the UC.
BUT after clearing USA immigration / customs, you will be outside of security and would need a same day BP to re-enter the secure area where the UC is located.
arriving in IAH in terminal C per the OP to me means that it’s a domestic/precleared arrival and don’t need to clear security.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
UA scans the departing BP for access to UC. No access without a UA onward BP.
Not quite complete, for UA *A on internal itin
A valid Star Alliance Gold membership card and a same-day boarding pass for travel on an international footnote1 flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline are needed to access United Club locations at departure, during connections and upon arrival footnote3 along the eligible same-day itinerary

OR

A same-day boarding pass showing Star Alliance Gold status, for travel on an international footnote1 flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline is needed to access United Club locations at departure, during connections and upon arrival footnote3 along the eligible same-day itinerary
Some of the confusion in answers has been due to incomplete info on the arrival flight -- is it domestic or international?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 26, 2023 at 9:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.