Wiki Posts
Search

MP digital card update date?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2023, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Flying Blue
MP digital card update date?

I’m wondering when my MP gold digital card will update to show validity through Jan of 2024. Got a London trip this February and want to be able to show the card on the Heathrow Express for an upgrade to the Bus/First class. Thanks in advance!
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 4:29 pm

I’d check the app. Mine already is showing 1/24 expiration.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Agreed. Same here. Showing 1/24
Old Jan 7, 2023, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by kef1
I’m wondering when my MP gold digital card will update to show validity through Jan of 2024. Got a London trip this February and want to be able to show the card on the Heathrow Express for an upgrade to the Bus/First class. Thanks in advance!
IME they aren't even checking for this any more -- but better safe than sorry!
Old Jan 7, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM (40 yr MP), HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Mine isn't. But I'm expecting to go from Platinum to Gold 2/2023
VRFast likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Mine updated as soon as I requalified for 1K.
FLYMSY likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, all, mine is still not updated but hopefully this means they are working on these! Appreciate the help.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I’m sorry, off topic, I wasn’t aware of this perk. I’ll do some googling in a minute, but if you don’t mind me asking, how does this work? I also have a trip next month, with prepaid Heathrow Express tickets (3 pax). Thanks

Edit: just found the info on the Star Alliance page. It’s not specific but what I gather from other discussion elsewhere is that it is only valid for the cardholder/no guests. Limits my use. In either case, good to know.
lamphs likes this.

Last edited by ARR72; Jan 7, 2023 at 6:42 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 7, 2023, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by ARR72
I’m sorry, off topic, I wasn’t aware of this perk. I’ll do some googling in a minute, but if you don’t mind me asking, how does this work? I also have a trip next month, with prepaid Heathrow Express tickets (3 pax). Thanks

Edit: just found the info on the Star Alliance page. It’s not specific but what I gather from other discussion elsewhere is that it is only valid for the cardholder/no guests. Limits my use. In either case, good to know.
I was not aware either. I'll check it out Monday morning!
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

I haven’t used it before but in addition to the information on the SA site, here’s another link with some info. Sounds like technically a full fare Express class ticket is required but not always enforced. My own ticket is super discounted so we will see. Any FTers who have tried this out, please comment!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/f...-class-upgrade
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Thanks, all, mine is still not updated but hopefully this means they are working on these! Appreciate the help.
What is your status? What level did you qualify/re-qualify based on your 2022 activities?

99% of member status are updated automatically; with a small population requiring manual intervention due to specific reasons.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Got a London trip this February and want to be able to show the card on the Heathrow Express for an upgrade to the Bus/First class. Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
IME they aren't even checking for this any more -- but better safe than sorry!
The one time I took HEX last year, no one checked anything on the way out to Paddington, but someone did check ticket and *G card on the way back to LHR.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 1:13 am

Is it a coding mistake because I just checked my card status online and it says I’m a 1K to 2024 but I did not requalify. Did United extend?
Old Jan 8, 2023, 1:33 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by myperks
Is it a coding mistake because I just checked my card status online and it says I’m a 1K to 2024 but I did not requalify. Did United extend?
Generally speaking, I think that if you requalified or attained a higher status in 2022, it will show that it is valid thru 01/2024, but if you haven't requalified it will show that your current status is valid thru (to the end of) 1/2023. But I think in your case it is a glitch, that if you're lucky, will stick.
Silver Fox, SPN Lifer and myperks like this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Be sure to take a screenshot of the card from the app, as a backup.
ZenFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.