Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Weird — MP status not showing in reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:16 am
1P
Original Poster

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club

Mods: feel free to merge if there is a thread specifically addressing this question. I searched but did not find one.

I just happened to check on two upcoming trips. Both were booked while I was logged in as a 1K. Both itineraries contain info from my (1K) profile — for example KTN and traveler contact information — but I suddenly noticed that both itineraries had me listed as a United non-member. That would have meant zero earnings if I hadn't picked it up. I clicked on the link to Add frequent flyer program and manually added my MP number, and my status now seems to be displaying correctly along with the last three digits of my MP number.

How does it happen that one's status "falls out" of a reservation? Is this a known glitch? Should everyone be checking for the same thing?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 1P
That would have meant zero earnings if I hadn't picked it up.
That's a little dramatic; you'd just have to submit the missing miles credit form within 6 months.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.