Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Express Carriers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:52 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Bummer for AA passengers, as I think they mostly operate 2-Cabin out of DAY currently.

Any insight into how United will serve DAY? Which carriers might be involved?
DAY is on the list of cities that will definitely see the CRJ, unfortunately.
Air Wisconsin has a crew base in DAY...I think that's probably going to continue under the AA banner.

But as for UA, the continued Air Whisky flights on the schedule past March are just placeholders. They're probably figuring out employment numbers from various carriers (like GoJet, who has a bunch of CRJ-550s parked due to labor shortages) before they commit specific Express carriers to routes in spring 2023. I think that Air Wisconsin is bringing over a smaller operation to AA than what it currently has with UA--at least initially, which may help with pilot/FA hiring pools at other regional airlines. The AA/ZW contract calls for 'up to' 60 AA CRJs to be used, but with the limited number of cities mentioned above in the Twitter link (the story is also available with other publications), I am just speculating that things will be smaller with AA/ZW.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Thanks. I even posted in that thread, so I can confirm my short-term memory is shot! Haha

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
DAY is on the list of cities that will definitely see the CRJ, unfortunately. https://twitter.com/ishriona/status/1594260869722021888 Air Wisconsin has a crew base in DAY...I think that's probably going to continue under the AA banner.

But as for UA, the continued Air Whisky flights on the schedule past March are just placeholders. They're probably figuring out employment numbers from various carriers (like GoJet, who has a bunch of CRJ-550s parked due to labor shortages) before they commit specific Express carriers to routes in spring 2023. I think that Air Wisconsin is bringing over a smaller operation to AA than what it currently has with UA--at least initially, which may help with pilot/FA hiring pools at other regional airlines. The AA/ZW contract calls for 'up to' 60 AA CRJs to be used, but with the limited number of cities mentioned above in the Twitter link (the story is also available with other publications), I am just speculating that things will be smaller with AA/ZW.
Thanks for this. I occasionally use AA out of DAY, mostly when I am heading to one of their hubs, so direct flight. They have also been cheaper enough to some SouthEast destinations (SAV, HHH) that I went with them even with a connection.

But I have been mostly using United out of CVG, just to avoid the CR2s and get direct flights to EWR.
Going to be interesting to see how the DAY flights are parsed out when they get around to updating the schedule. April really isn't all that far away.
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by goodeats21
As indicated by several, not a lot of major difference between the carriers operating 2-cabin planes under UAX brand. All are "fine".

On a broader note, United service out of CLT is pretty limited, so not a lot of non-stop destinations, less frequency / options in case of irrops, no Club at the airport, etc.

Assume you are flying AA now, what do you want from United instead....?
I have taken to flying United out of CLT (well, plus a lot of Contour as they go a couple places I need to go regularly). United is in probably the best part of the terminal. There is a priority pass/Amex The Club at CLT between the two A concourses that's brand new and fairly nice. Only on a wait very occasionally... unlike the AA club. Upgrade clearance rate is pretty good out of CLT as mid-tier.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
In a similar vein, are all of the ERJs and CR2s out of EWR? Haven't seen anything that small here in a while, the only 50 seater I've seen over in A has been the 550. On a side note, with all the EJets in A it makes a cramped situation even worse. I'm assuming when the new A gates open UA will end up over there (with a club?)
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by WIRunner
In a similar vein, are all of the ERJs and CR2s out of EWR? Haven't seen anything that small here in a while, the only 50 seater I've seen over in A has been the 550. On a side note, with all the EJets in A it makes a cramped situation even worse. I'm assuming when the new A gates open UA will end up over there (with a club?)
I believe they are.... nothing in OAG for Feb entire month.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WIRunner
In a similar vein, are all of the ERJs and CR2s out of EWR?
yes. UA intentionally made EWR all 2-cabin aircraft including regional - It’s been at least a year or two since that transition completed.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by emcampbe
yes. UA intentionally made EWR all 2-cabin aircraft including regional - It’s been at least a year or two since that transition completed.
I'm west coast based now, so its been a while since I've been through EWR (though four times in the last two months.) ORD still has plenty of the Devil's Chariot along with a smattering of ERJs. Its a good change, except for the crowding at the gates now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.