Wiki Posts
Search

Captain Greeting

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Captain Greeting

Just boarded UA 464 FLL-IAD Captain Gibson at door entrance on jetway greeting all passengers pretty cool. Last time that happened a flight a few weeks after 911.
ZenFlyer, cerps343, gayste and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Just boarded UA 464 FLL-IAD Captain Gibson at door entrance on jetway greeting all passengers pretty cool. Last time that happened a flight a few weeks after 911.
Glad to see some of the UA captains are following CAPT Denny’s lead.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Every one of the 20 F pax BOS-EWR last week got a business card with a hand-written 'thanks for your business' from the captain.
1200GS and WVmike like this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Captain on SFO-HNL (UA1175) came about 2/3 of the way through the J cabin Friday chatting with pax. We talked briefly about his plans to surf during the layover.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Captain on UA IAD-DFW on Saturday came into the terminal to explain from the podium the cause of our delay. Said there was a tripping hazard on the floor that needed to be screwed down. But that the bigger issue was he called cleaners back as one of the lavs smelled like a really bad smelling out-house and would not subject us to the smell of the plane! We left about 25 minutes late and got to the gate about 15 minutes late.

In flight greeting was quite nice. Thanking frequent flyers, active duty military, first responders and said his wife and mother said to include teachers!

The inflight crew were outstanding.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
My personal experience is the Captain/FO whether I've chatted with them on the plane - on the hotel shuttle - at the hotel - at the airport - etc - are very personable. They don't have time to greet every flight at the door and I don't begrudge them if they don't (please do the checklist and get us out on time) but despite having a very high pressure job (and it is high pressure) are happy to engage in friendly conversation.
WVmike and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
2018, Captain came through Polaris cabin and thanked everyone on our LAX - LHR flight. Have not seen it since then.
drgreg and WVmike like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
Every one of the 20 F pax BOS-EWR last week got a business card with a hand-written 'thanks for your business' from the captain.
Last year I had the same in F LAX-IAD. As a 1K I got a special note, unfortunately it went through the wash

I’ve had a few captains come out previously before that, and of course Captain Denny did it.
WVmike likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
This is more commonly seen on Delta when they are able to workload permitting but it’s a nice gesture to ”meet” the pilots.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: 12 year UAL GS, LT Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium, AA Plat Pro
Yes flying the first few weeks after 9/11 was a unique time. I had several flights on TWA MD80's out of STL that I there may have been four or five us on the entire aircraft. Pilots welcomed everyone of us personally.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: Continental
Saw this article

https://liveandletsfly.com/united-ai...nts-to-engage/
Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
We had one recently. Which flight is forgotten, but the captain came out, grabbed the PA and spoke briefly to the pax - just stuff about the flight, nothing special. It was a nice touch
WVmike and prestonh like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Had it happen a few times up front on 871/872 to/from TPE in 2018 and 2019. Other than that, I can't remember last time.
WVmike likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Last year I had the same in F LAX-IAD. As a 1K I got a special note, unfortunately it went through the wash

I’ve had a few captains come out previously before that, and of course Captain Denny did it.
I have seen it before as well for 1K/GS. First time I am saw it for the entire F cabin
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
we had a decent crew last week IAH-IAD. Constant updates (and pilot went out of his way to explain how frustrating it is to not get them even when there is nothing to update). At the end of flight he announced a pilot cleared his final check ride and he met us all at the door as we de-planed. it was sort of a neat deal.
DJ_Iceman and Imstevek like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.