Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Earning UA MileagePlus Status in 2023 for 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 8, 2022, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by UA Insider
2023 Program changes communicated to MileagePlus members

As travel resumes to pre-pandemic levels, we are updating our qualification requirements to ensure that the Premier program is best situated to deliver for our most loyal customers. Our 2023 Premier program gives members even more opportunities to achieve and upgrade Premier status and is designed to provide valuable benefits for all Premier members. And remember — the MileagePlus® Premier® program, unlike some other loyalty programs, has no distance requirement to reach status. You might not know how far you’ll fly in 2023, so rest easy knowing you can qualify for Premier status with just Premier qualifying points (PQP), or a combination of Premier qualifying flights (PQF) and PQP. Also, your eligible United℠ MileagePlus credit card can help get you there.

Here are some of the key changes we’re making for 2023:
  • We’re changing our standard requirements for every Premier level back to January 2020 levels.
  • We’re automatically depositing Premier qualifying points (PQP) based on the 2023 Premier status you hold at the end of 2022, giving eligible Premiers a head start towards hitting the PQP requirement for their status level.
  • We are providing a new path to earn towards Premier status by giving qualifying credit when you use MileagePlus miles for award flights operated by United or United Express.
  • The United MileagePlus Quest and Club Infinite cards are getting anincrease to the maximum PQP that may be earned in a calendar year, and the total PQP members can earn across their cobranded cards is also increasing.
  • Premier 1K members will earn incremental PlusPoints for every 3K PQP earned beyond 18K PQP once they meet the published requirements for 1K status.
  • All redeposit fees associated with cancelling award travel have been removed.
For more information on these changes, and to learn more about our MileagePlus program, visit www.united.com/mpnews.
Originally Posted by PTahCha
The email was just dropped. Here's the summary:
  • Increased PQP qualification levels

• Jump start PQP based on status level - 500/1000/1500/2500 for Silver/Gold/Plat/1K
  • PQP for Award travel, at 1 PQP per 100 miles redeemed + PQF
  • Increased credit card PQP earning cap
  • Removal of award ticket redeposit fees
​​​​​​​
MileagePlus # XXXXX010
Updates to the 2023
MileagePlus Premier Program

For the past two years, we adjusted our MileagePlus® Premier® program requirements to reflect the frequency of travel during uncertain times. With travel now in full swing, our standard qualification requirements are returning. But we are giving you a boost and adding new qualifying activities to our 2023 MileagePlus Premier program to make achieving your status goals even easier.

Jumpstart your PQP balance: We're giving you a head start on your status goals to make retaining or upgrading status easier. In early 2023, we'll automatically deposit PQP into your MileagePlus account based on the 2023 Premier status you reached at the end of 2022. Eligible members will enjoy this head start toward status in 2024 as well.

Qualifying with award tickets: An exciting change we are making in 2023 is that when you use MileagePlus miles for award flights operated by United or United Express you will now earn Premier qualifying credits. Eligible award flights will help you achieve status with 1 PQP per 100 miles redeemed, as well as 1 PQF per United or United Express flight.

Increased credit card PQP caps: For 2023, the maximum PQP able to be earned will double for the United Quest card from 3,000 to 6,000 PQP and for the United Club Infinite card from 4,000 to 8,000 PQP. Eligible United MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers will continue to earn 500 PQP per $12,000 spent. The maximum number of PQP that can be earned on eligible card spend in a calendar year across multiple credit cards has increased from 5,000 PQP to 15,000 PQP, making it even easier to reach Premier status goals through card spend.*

Award ticket redeposit fee removal: All redeposit fees associated with canceling award travel have been removed so you have more choice and control over managing plans.

Earn more PlusPoints: United is the only U.S. global airline that allows you to earn unlimited extra upgrade points after reaching the highest published status level. Eligible members will enjoy earning incremental PlusPoints with 20 additional PlusPoints for every 3,000 PQP earned beyond 18,000 PQP (starting at 21,000 PQP) once they have met the published Premier 1K requirements in 2023.
Print Wikipost

Earning UA MileagePlus Status in 2023 for 2024

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:46 pm

Normally silver (though gold this year via challenge); ended up gold for 2024 after a year-end short vacation to LA for 24/24 segments (+1 segment for 2024). Had slightly more than $8k spend with a big portion of that (2.4k) coming from a SFO-PVG roundtrip.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:23 pm

Customer Focus Evolving

Having joined M+ in 1982, I've experienced many changes. The CO merger brought with it a confusing consolidation of earned miles and status earned. UA seemed to fund the promotions from a marketing budget in the early years. I parlayed many great free first class - two stopover domestic (including Hawaii) trips as the airline attempted to build customer loyalty. As time passed, the million miler programs became worthwhile pursuits as those reaching each million milestone was celebrated by UA staff. Today, having flown 3 or 4 million miles with UA is really not acknowledged in the same way. All major airlines seem to value $ spent much more than loyalty from travel warriors. Having your company (or private citizen) spend a lot for an airline ticket should come with all the perks awarded to 1K and GS members. UA has devalued loyalty and is missing out on long term planning. People move on. Lifetime 1K or GS should be special, perhaps I am delusional with how many out there are in this category. The reality is that many high status members have families and friends, more opportunities to influence those travelers in competitive markets.
eightblack and ameyam like this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Got my MM and the end of December and requalified for the last time.
Will still fly a few trips on United this year to use up PPs, but have already flown EY and BA J for our first vacation this year, and have already booked LO, SK, QR, ET and EK for our next trips.
Its been quite liberating already 2 weeks into the new year
Old Jan 13, 2024, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
No 1k for first time in 18 years

My 93-yr-old Dad fell sick this Fall, and I had to cancel many trips from October on. I've got the PQP for the PQP+PQF qualifications, but am 8 flights short of the PQF requirement. First time since 2006 that I will not be 1k and will miss it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.