Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Accelorator double positng error, what will UA do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

I was going to fall short for 1K, and with the reduced qualifying requirements this year of 15K, I wanted to make sure I didn't miss the opportunity. I was 1K in 2018 and 2019, but since the program change to PDQ, I likely wont hit again under the standard requirements. With that said, I bought 1000 PDQ and these extra PDQ, plus some scheduled flights will get me there. Immediately after purchasing, United deposited the amount however they actually doubled it. I purchased 1000 but they credited me with 2000.
I was iffy on a December trip, which I was really taking to push me over the edge, however with these extra miles I no longer need the trip. My round about question is -
1- Is this a mistake or is there a 2 for 1 promo I am not aware of
2 - If I cancel the trip and United reverses the extra 1000 PDQ which puts me under the 15K mark, would they take the 1K away, even if it is realized into next year?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lpro1111
1- Is this a mistake or is there a 2 for 1 promo I am not aware of ?
None I am aware of but I would check I was not double charged
jpezaris and jcturnbull like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I was def not double charged.

Here is a screenshot. If they processed/charged me twice, it would have also given me the 12K miles twice. They just added the 1000 Premium Accelerator x 2 for a total of 2000 PQP even though I only bought 1000

Last edited by lpro1111; Nov 8, 2022 at 8:03 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Interesting the award miles only posted once, can see how you might have thought there was a promo.

Recent there was a regular posting of Chase credit card PQMs, double posting of 500 PQPs. UA corrected that error in less than a week. No one posted if the extra 500 got them over a status threshold and what happen when reversed.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Honestly seems like the sort of thing I would not be writing here about.

Watch it for a few weeks, and then you can decide what to do with your December trip immediately beforehand.
cfischer and jcturnbull like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
I would really hate to see you get a clawback due to an audit and not make/lose status tier. Consider your December fligjt as status insurance! As mother would say, "Make good choices!".
narvik and drewguy like this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
I would really hate to see you get a clawback due to an audit and not make/lose status tier. Consider your December fligjt as status insurance! As mother would say, "Make good choices!".
Frankly I think after posting it here, including the title and the screenshot, the OP has no choice than to take that insurance...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by ani90
Frankly I think after posting it here, including the title and the screenshot, the OP has no choice than to take that insurance...
OP should redact the other details . . .

Agree I would not cancel the other flights - you'll have no basis to argue your position if they do claw it back. Could it go unnoticed? Sure - indeed, I'd guess it will not be noticed. But the downside is too big to risk even, say, a 10% chance of it happening. And you're not out money - you're just doing what you planned if you take the flights.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:17 am

What was the promotional phrase from a while ago about surprise and delight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.