Wiki Posts
Search

Apparently Dana wasn’t impressed…..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2022, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Apparently Dana wasn’t impressed…..

Just boarded UA 17 and found this in my seat - apparently Dana likes gum and was not very impressed by Billy….

it’s a shame - the little bit of effort it takes to do this is appreciated by me in this day and age / and the cleaning crews in LHR need a refresher lol

Old Nov 4, 2022, 7:25 am

These notes, birthday and anniversary wishes, and verbal thanks for being 1K are nice gestures that don't take hardly anything at all to provide should be appreciated by customers and not used to store your old gum. I mean, isn't that what all of those beverage napkins the FAs keep passing out are for?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kdad
These notes, birthday and anniversary wishes, and verbal thanks for being 1K are nice gestures that don't take hardly anything at all to provide should be appreciated by customers and not used to store your old gum. I mean, isn't that what all of those beverage napkins the FAs keep passing out are for?
Totally agree - I keep all my notes out of respect for the effort - over the years I’ve accumulated quite a pile - so I hope Billy knows a lot of us really appreciate it….
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Totally agree - I keep all my notes out of respect for the effort - over the years I’ve accumulated quite a pile - so I hope Billy knows a lot of us really appreciate it….
I've gotten those in F on LH and LX (and other personalized swag), but never once on UA after 3+ MM.

Last edited by zombietooth; Nov 4, 2022 at 9:02 am
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
....irrespective of the classlessness of Dana....

And, yes, I do respect and value these acknowledgments and service that accompanies them that Billy, Ray and many other United flight attendants and flight crews have provided over the years on my travels with UA.

David
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
People should have the common courtesy of al least waiting to throw away the note once you're off the plane. Leaving it behind, with gum inside, is just plain rude behavior.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
My wife gets annoyed if I remove empty gum rappers in the car, but worse case she would use a Kleenex and take care of trashing it, not others.
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
I've gotten those in F on LH and LX (and other personalized swag), but never once on UA after 3+ MM.
Very uncool of Dana -

I get the notes about 1/4 of the time of the Hawaii flights - always find it to be a nice touch - I don't recall getting a note on a mainland flight - I figured the volume of GS or 1K was a factor.
bmwe92fan and zombietooth like this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Very uncool of Dana -

I get the notes about 1/4 of the time of the Hawaii flights - always find it to be a nice touch - I don't recall getting a note on a mainland flight - I figured the volume of GS or 1K was a factor.
My note was received on a recent EWR to SAT flight by my wife who was seated in First in my seat on a +P upgrade while I was all back of the bus in her seat. FA was aware of the switch and the note was addressed to the KDAD family. No other upgrades cleared. Both CPU'd on the return. FA on both very good.
bmwe92fan, wrp96 and DELee like this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Here is my note from today - as I mentioned on another thread I always bring something for the crew on long haul flights - UA has amazing employees - I just wish they would let them give the service we all know they can!

Old Nov 4, 2022, 1:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
When posting these cards would be best to blur the signatures if a front line employees provides a full name. First name is not an issue. Same for your names. The internet can be a nasty place and a couple posts may have provided full names (in the images), but not clear. These were private notes provided to you and the signers may not have expected them to be post on a public site. It does seems to be the practice to provide only first names but just double check.

FT Rule 21 Privacy
Respect the privacy of other members and non-members. Do not post private information of others. Do not post the names or contact information of travel company and program employees unless they hold executive management status (e.g. presidents, vice-presidents, managing directors).
SPN Lifer and bmwe92fan like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 4, 2022 at 2:24 pm Reason: revised
Old Nov 4, 2022, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Excellent point WC -- and I hope UA is watching -- I can't tell you how many times I've seen an FA be embarrassed about what they plop down in front of us -- as most of you know I rarely eat on UA any more -- even when flying home to Tokyo -- I tried the new menu today as I had seen so many reports that looked better -- but was VERY glad I loaded up on the bangers and mash in LHR UC prior to departure....
Old Nov 4, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I agree, very tacky. Take off the plane and away from the gate before disposing of.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.