Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA IT issue: Required security questions/authentication every logon, -- Fixed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA IT issue: Required security questions/authentication every logon, -- Fixed?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
The AB question stopped for me two days ago. But the security question problem has been four days. I am wondering if UA tech people monitor this thread.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Now Day 5. Since yesterday, for about 6-7 times, .bomb asked me the same two security questions every time.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
Now Day 5. Since yesterday, for about 6-7 times, .bomb asked me the same two security questions every time.
This is driving me crazy.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
The continued incompetence is quite astonishing. They have thousands of reports that this has been broken for some time now ...
Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by nexus7556
This is driving me crazy.
Me too -- I've even tried clicking the "Do not remember me" option to see if that would fix it -- nope.... Agree with poster upthread -- they need to try Amazon's cookies as they are like twinkies and never expire....
artvandalay likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Me too -- I've even tried clicking the "Do not remember me" option to see if that would fix it -- nope.... Agree with poster upthread -- they need to try Amazon's cookies as they are like twinkies and never expire....
From a much younger and less wise time in my life, I can assure you that twinkies do expire. Maybe not when they say they do, but they do.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by fumje
From a much younger and less wise time in my life, I can assure you that twinkies do expire. Maybe not when they say they do, but they do.
Kind of incredible what will grow on an exposed Twinkie.

David
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
I am totally frustrated.

First, I need to "authenticate" with two questions EVERY time I log onto United.com (of course, I check remember me and tried deleteing all cookies once etc. nothing works). That started maybe ten days ago.
Second, expert mode has disappeared That happened yesterday. The site shows that I have it checked, but I am not seeing any fare buckets. I see them on the mobile app but not on the website.
Third, when I get "premier instant upgrade fare," clicking on the "confirm now and select seat" simply takes me back to the home page and not to the reservation. That has been the case for months.

Does anyone know how to fix these issues? They seem browser-independent.

Would greatly appreciate some advice.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:15 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
I am getting the same authenticate questions also every time I login with the browser
for as long as I can remember (over a year, at least), I have been getting the "Something is wrong" error when loading the app - but just hit continue
... the cache space is getting larger and larger.

the website, overall, is getting slower and slower (regardless of which computer I use) even for simple things like putting in cities and dates or picking round-trip vs one way

and still bugs me that when I do a search on the website, unlike the app, I cant limit it to 1-stop (I doubt few are interested in 2 stop plans when they can pick 1-stop?)

etc, etc etc

ok, done screaming at clouds.....
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Why Security Questions Each Time?

For weeks now I have had to go through the Security Questions each time I sign in. Will this ever be fixed?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM+, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, & Hertz PC
Thumbs down Utter incompetence..

United, this is insane. Have been experiencing it as well going on hourly/daily here for weeks (and a bit pissed since I've been on no less than eight flights where even on their gosh-darn wifi it does the same thing) Have been trying to book multiple tickets for rest of year plus holiday travel, I have inputted my information no less than 100 times over last few weeks. Firefox to Chrome (windows devices) to Macs and Ipads/Iphones with different ios. Indiscriminate incompetence.

On a flight now and can't even switch devices because its making us all purchase internet as a Guest since it can't keep you logged in for more than 30 secs.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 1, 2022 at 10:28 am Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: UA
But at least I'm now starting to remember which ice cream flavor and favorite musical instrument I selected without checking my password manager...
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Look at the bright side - you'll never forget you'll your favorite breed of dog, topping on your pizza, color of the house you grew up in, or month of your best friend birthday ever again......
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by starless
But at least I'm now starting to remember which ice cream flavor and favorite musical instrument I selected without checking my password manager...
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Look at the bright side - you'll never forget you'll your favorite breed of dog, topping on your pizza, color of the house you grew up in, or month of your best friend birthday ever again......
Must be training us for the times we need to call in and they ask the questions, since they don't like to read answer choices over the phone.
txirish likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
United IT seems oblivious to user experience, at least the web team responsible for United.com. I've tagged the United account with multiple tweets about this issue, and they do monitor that account. It seems they don't care. As others have noted, at least I can go through the questions quickly now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.