Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Upgrade award ticket with Chase card question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler - Hilton Lifetime Diamond

The Mrs and I are set to fly ORD-LHR outbound is via BOS. Points ticket and I have a Chase Presidential Plus card. So when looking at reservation I see we have the Complementary upgrade request by the ORD-BOS segment, and reading the fine print of the chase card it mentions upgradability on award tickets. Thoughts suggestions or success of how to get the LHR part on the upgrade list. Usually when I blow points I go business but this was a one time UA offer for coach only. So any thought or ideas - THANKS
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RB flyer Guy
The Mrs and I are set to fly ORD-LHR outbound is via BOS. Points ticket and I have a Chase Presidential Plus card. So when looking at reservation I see we have the Complementary upgrade request by the ORD-BOS segment, and reading the fine print of the chase card it mentions upgradability on award tickets. Thoughts suggestions or success of how to get the LHR part on the upgrade list. Usually when I blow points I go business but this was a one time UA offer for coach only. So any thought or ideas - THANKS
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

There are no complimentary upgrades on trans-Atlantic flights, Chase card or no. Unless you have Global Services status, you cannot upgrade award tickets. Your only option would be a cash buy-up, which may be offered at check-in, or to re-ticket on a business class award (for additional points).
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:33 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RB flyer Guy
...Thoughts suggestions or success of how to get the LHR part on the upgrade list. ...
Upgrades on award tickets of certain Chase MP credit card holders are limited to CPU eligible flights. Flights to LHR are not CPU eligible
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.