Search

Cancellation reason UA316 DUB-EWR 19 Jul

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand
Cancellation reason UA316 DUB-EWR 19 Jul

Hi there
What is the best way to find the reason for a flight cancellation?
In particular UA316 DUB-EWR on 19 July 2022
tbanks
PPKPM
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:55 am

Are you looking to claim insurance?

From united.com:

Proof of delay or cancellation

We can provide a statement if you need proof that your flight was delayed or canceled. Send an email to [email protected] with the names of all the travelers on your reservation, the confirmation number, flight numbers, dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you’d like us to send the statement.
SPN Lifer and artvandalay like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Are you looking to claim insurance?

From united.com:
thanks, either insurance or claim from
United if it is their responsibility under EU regs. Either way I would need to know the reason for the delay. The problem I see is that United may blame it on thunderstorms in NY the day before which I think would be convenient for them.
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ppkpm
thanks, either insurance or claim from
United if it is their responsibility under EU regs. Either way I would need to know the reason for the delay. The problem I see is that United may blame it on thunderstorms in NY the day before which I think would be convenient for them.
WX delays should not impact either the insurance or EU261 claim. While UA may try to duck it, WX is not an exempted reason.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
WX is not an exempted reason.
As I understand it, weather issues that disrupt current flight operations have been considered uncontrollable and thus exempt from compensation.

However, issues on an inbound flight have been ruled to be controllable, because Brussels and the ECJ live in a world where airlines magically keep infinite fleets and flight staves around at every outstation to handle operations.

The best way to deal with a bad rule or law is to enforce it, so, by all means, OP should follow up with UA for a EC.261 claim.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
WX delays should not impact either the insurance or EU261 claim. While UA may try to duck it, WX is not an exempted reason.
My understanding is WX is not an exempted reason for duty-to-care related amenities such as meals and lodging. It does exempt them from being required to pay compensation however.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
My understanding is WX is not an exempted reason for duty-to-care related amenities such as meals and lodging. It does exempt them from being required to pay compensation however.
That makes sense. Not sure why an airline should be fined for not operating in dangerous weather.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.