Wiki Posts
Search

RNO - EWR direct

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, B6 Mosaic
RNO - EWR direct

Wow, I thought B6 was the only game in town on this route.

How long has this route been a thing? Is it seasonal? (Sorry for the basic questions, searched and came up short).

And is the hard product pretty good? B6 tends to use their worst A320 interiors on the route. If you couldn’t tell, I’m contemplating a jump to MP… thanks!
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Only looks to be a few random days at the end of August. Last time I remember a regular EWR-RNO is probably 20 years ago for a few months with a CO 757. I always thought a winter-seasonal EWR-RNO could work with ski traffic to Lake Tahoe resorts, but it's much less of a draw for East Coast skiers than Colorado or Utah, and Montana or Wyoming to a lesser extent.
mikeysf and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, Avis PC, National Exec
Looks like it's a couple days before and a couple days after Burning Man 2022. United has been running special non-stops for big events, football games, etc. Maybe that's what this is?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mikeysf
And is the hard product pretty good? B6 tends to use their worst A320 interiors on the route. If you couldn’t tell, I’m contemplating a jump to MP… thanks!
The schedule shows the 737 MAX 8 on the route, which has UA's newest domestic interiors. Think IFE and power at every seat, but no lie flat seats or anything fancy up front.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dkc192
The schedule shows the 737 MAX 8 on the route, which has UA's newest domestic interiors. Think IFE and power at every seat, but no lie flat seats or anything fancy up front.
But then where is the flight catered?

David
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by bocasierra
Looks like it's a couple days before and a couple days after Burning Man 2022. United has been running special non-stops for big events, football games, etc. Maybe that's what this is?
i think you are correct. 😊

Burning Man 2022 starts Sunday August 28.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.