Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to Remove Miles + Copay Upgrade Request

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Is there any way to remove a miles + copay upgrade request on the United website or using the app? I feel like I've clicked just about every button but can't figure it out. Or, do I just have to call a representative? Thanks!
Old May 31, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by DoneNunyez
Is there any way to remove a miles + copay upgrade request on the United website or using the app? I feel like I've clicked just about every button but can't figure it out. Or, do I just have to call a representative? Thanks!
You say it is a request.... Has it actually upgraded yet?
Old May 31, 2022, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
You say it is a request.... Has it actually upgraded yet?
No, and I keep moving down on the list, so I think the chances of it clearing are very unlikely.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
I would call UA if you need the refund now. It will be refunded if you don’t get upgraded, if so you can proactively request a refund on line after the flight.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VRFast
I would call UA if you need the refund now. It will be refunded if you don’t get upgraded, if so you can proactively request a refund on line after the flight.
Thanks. I’ve fallen so far down the upgrade list that I think the chances of it clearing are virtually zero. I’m thinking I may have a better chance just getting lucky and noticing an open PZ and jumping on it before the computer processes it.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

I’m now considering options for my return. I booked B fare and have upgraded to PP (and cleared) using miles and copay. There is now lots of PZ available, but I’m not given the option in the app to upgrade to Polaris. Spoke with an agent who said I’m stuck in PP due to already having upgraded. Any ideas on what I can do to obtain one of the PZ upgrades, despite my current upgrade into PP?

Last edited by DoneNunyez; Jun 5, 2022 at 1:56 pm Reason: Additional facts
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I’m now considering options for my return. I booked B fare and have upgraded to PP (and cleared) using miles and copay. There is now lots of PZ available, but I’m not given the option in the app to upgrade to Polaris. Spoke with an agent who said I’m stuck in PP due to already having upgraded. Any ideas on what I can do to obtain one of the PZ upgrades, despite my current upgrade into PP?
If you did not request both PremPlus and Polaris upgrades initially and have cleared PremPlus, the agent is correct.

BTW there should not have been a copay if you requested only PremPlus and an a B fare there would be no copay for Polaris class.

The solutions are to cancel the ticket (that cancels and refunds the upgrade) and then book a new -- likely to be expensive
Or change to another flight (that cancels and refunds the upgrade) to a flight with PZ. You will still be exposed to a fare different on the change?

Why are you booking a B fare? was it to avoid the copay? usually a lower fare + copay is cheaper but if someone else is paying for the B it make sense.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If you did not request both PremPlus and Polaris upgrades initially and have cleared PremPlus, the agent is correct.

BTW there should not have been a copay if you requested only PremPlus and an a B fare there would be no copay for Polaris class.

The solutions are to cancel the ticket (that cancels and refunds the upgrade) and then book a new -- likely to be expensive
Or change to another flight (that cancels and refunds the upgrade) to a flight with PZ. You will still be exposed to a fare different on the change?

Why are you booking a B fare? was it to avoid the copay? usually a lower fare + copay is cheaper but if someone else is paying for the B it make sense.
Dang. I was initially cheaping out on doing the Polaris upgrade because it’s a daytime flight. Now, of course, there is availability looking at me and I want to grab it. Regarding B, our corporate agent booked for me. I could swear I was asked for $300 to do the Polaris miles plus copay upgrade. Is reticketing without canceling a possibility?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... Is reticketing without canceling a possibility?
Don't sure what you mean by reticketing but it likely to also mean repricing of the ticket

Even if you have been upgraded to PremPlus, you may get a Polaris cabin cash offer at check-in.

There is a $300 copay for Polaris cabin if a M,E,U purchased fare

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.