Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United unofficial PNR viewer

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jsloan
Because (a) the core systems in the industry are ~50 years old, and (b) there is a fundamental underlying assumption that people are not managing their own travel. The systems you're seeing are how travel agents can get in and do things on your behalf.
Didn't SHARES celebrate its 60th birthday a few years ago? (and SHARES wasn't the first...)

I'm well familiar with HK1 (and NN1 and HX1 and SB1 and ...) but on my Plus points standby segments I'm seeing the action code of PB1 which is new to me -- any idea what it means ("Plus-By 1"? ) --

It's a very cool tool interesting to see my IP address captured in the comments and the availability source flagged as ITA -- I've gotten glances at my PNR data here and there (including seeing the PLZ EXTEND remark which does seem to be only on award tickets and has been around for a very long time now) -- the "sent to fraud" / "approved to ticket" remarks are also interesting.

(Not that I was expecting to see a remark but looking at a PNR for my wife where we're on separate tickets so I had to ask an agent to seat her in E+ shows no signs of that...)
Old May 10, 2022, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you, dlflyer00, I hope UA will not block or filter it.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
I'm seeing the action code of PB1 which is new to me -- any idea what it means ("Plus-By 1"? ) --
cooler than PC and PD, but not as cool as PA
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
For those objectors (of which, I am not one)...Didn't there use to be (or maybe there still is) a way to check any PNR in similar fashion on the Saudia Airlines site? Again, we're talking some pretty easily accessible info. If someone wants to crack into your PNR, you really don't need a site like the OP's.
Yes, Saudia let you view the coupons attached to basically any ticket (not the same, but broadly similar idea). Hasn't worked for 016 tickets in a while (c. 2018?)

The objection from me and I think others isn't about making this information available to the community, but rather in a way that basically 100% guarantees United is going to shut it down ASAP. Some of us have been quietly consuming data like this for a long time, and now it will be forever gone.

It's one thing to let you see the coupon status and confirm that e.g. award flights have ticketed correctly (what Saudia was used for). Exposing agent remarks is a massive red flag which will bring UA corporate security running.

but on my Plus points standby segments I'm seeing the action code of PB1 which is new to me -- any idea what it means ("Plus-By 1"? ) --
Standby Priority B.

Determines the priority of clearance of the waitlisted segment and how the SSR tag adds you to the upgrade standby list at departure. There was a thread a while back with all the codes that I did not bookmark, but A is GS and B/C/D are rather lumpily containing the other status levels. I don't know if we ever learned exactly how system also "prioritizes" by status, but this is clearly used in cases where importing status is too hard.
Old May 11, 2022, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I'm well familiar with HK1 (and NN1 and HX1 and SB1 and ...) but on my Plus points standby segments I'm seeing the action code of PB1 which is new to me -- any idea what it means ("Plus-By 1"? ) --
Originally Posted by runner450
cooler than PC and PD, but not as cool as PA
Originally Posted by findark
Standby Priority B.

Determines the priority of clearance of the waitlisted segment and how the SSR tag adds you to the upgrade standby list at departure.
Yes, back in 1985-87 when I was working in "Res", these were the codes for waitlist Priority A through Priority D. So a pair of passengers might might be HK2 on one flight while PD2 on an earlier fight. A different couple might have been HK2 on one flight and PB2 on the first.

Perhaps the former were General Members or 2P (Premier, now Premier Silver), and perhaps the latter were PremEx. It's been 35 years! This was long before Global Services, but I recall a PA standby or waitlist was very rare.

This is not to be confused with WL1, which was the generic (non-UA MileagePlus) waitlist.
kevino and lincolnjkc like this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; May 11, 2022 at 7:22 am
Old May 11, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by findark
Yes, Saudia let you view the coupons attached to basically any ticket (not the same, but broadly similar idea). Hasn't worked for 016 tickets in a while (c. 2018?)

The objection from me and I think others isn't about making this information available to the community, but rather in a way that basically 100% guarantees United is going to shut it down ASAP. Some of us have been quietly consuming data like this for a long time, and now it will be forever gone.

It's one thing to let you see the coupon status and confirm that e.g. award flights have ticketed correctly (what Saudia was used for). Exposing agent remarks is a massive red flag which will bring UA corporate security running.

Standby Priority B.

Determines the priority of clearance of the waitlisted segment and how the SSR tag adds you to the upgrade standby list at departure. There was a thread a while back with all the codes that I did not bookmark, but A is GS and B/C/D are rather lumpily containing the other status levels. I don't know if we ever learned exactly how system also "prioritizes" by status, but this is clearly used in cases where importing status is too hard.
Wasn’t this the priority that you used to have if you had a waitlisted award segment with some segments cleared already, or got rerouted and lost your F assignment. So you may still have that but you’re also now competing with PP upgrades.
Old May 11, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Very cool tool! Gives you some insight into what the agents see
Old May 11, 2022, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Wasn’t this the priority that you used to have if you had a waitlisted award segment with some segments cleared already, or got rerouted and lost your F assignment. So you may still have that but you’re also now competing with PP upgrades.
I think you may be thinking of PR-1, which is only applicable to the upgrade standby list. Going off of memory, a waitlisted segment of e.g. PB will add you to the upgrade standby list with priority WB[X] where [X] is the booking class of your confirmed segment. This goes back to why (we believe) that waitlists for I class get mixed in with waitlists for PZ class when added to the visible list. (All GS supported requests were PA.) However, a lot of the coding changed with the new website list display, and we don't really know if the actual clearance code changed too or if the website is pulling from a completely different data source.
Xyzzy and escapefromphl like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
United has yet to remove anything from this API, so seems FT cannot complain too much as it is here to stay for now
DrMilano and N104UA like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by dlflyer00
United has yet to remove anything from this API, so seems FT cannot complain too much as it is here to stay for now
In fairness, almost all those remarks are added automatically by the system. Even the ones which show entered by an agent sine (as opposed to WEB) were still automatically generated. I suppose rarely they might type something themselves if they were granting a special favor or someone was particularly problematic. I think the biggest concern for them would be the bits of payment information leaking out in the comments (last 4 of CC and the authorization code), or if a mileage ticket, the mileageplus account the miles came from. But again, if you already have the PNR and last name, not sure how much new information you are gathering about the passenger that you don't already know/have access to, and if someone wanted to be malicious, far worse could be done to mess with the ticket just by having the PNR/Last name.

My understanding is the newer reservation system they've developed for agents is a web interface, much like the public UA website. Given this, my guess is they just used the same API call to get the data instead of maintaining two API methods. This means the stuff they added for internal use, happens to also leak out on the public side.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I looked up a reservation that we recently made where we were ticketed but for some reason LH wasn't able to confirm inventory so we are waitlisted. That segment shows HL1 and under status for that segment it indicates LH CNTRL

I figured this info might be useful to somene else.

Strangely, LH is offering for sale 9 seats in the fare class we are waitlisted for (and I checked the LH inventory as well as the UA inventory as I've seen them differ on rare occasion) so I'm stumped as to why this is waitlisted.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I looked up a reservation that we recently made where we were ticketed but for some reason LH wasn't able to confirm inventory so we are waitlisted. That segment shows HL1 and under status for that segment it indicates LH CNTRL

Strangely, LH is offering for sale 9 seats in the fare class we are waitlisted for (and I checked the LH inventory as well as the UA inventory as I've seen them differ on rare occasion) so I'm stumped as to why this is waitlisted.
Check the PNR on the LH website. You may need to call UA to have them push through the wait-list if you don't see it correct on the LH website
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Xyzzy

All of my segments that include LH/MS/AC on a single ticket are HK1 but also show "LH CTRL" "MS CTRL" "AC CTRL" for the respective airline that operates the flight.

The entire PNR is ticketed by UA so I would have thought UA has control until a day or two before departure. Doesn't appear to be the case right now.

You should call UA to get the waitlisted segments cleared since it doesn't appear to be automated.

-RM
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by N104UA
Check the PNR on the LH website. You may need to call UA to have them push through the wait-list if you don't see it correct on the LH website
When looking this up n the LH website it showed, "Status Confirmed" which I found odd. We called UA who figured out that LH had confirmed the segment but that someone hadn't sold it in properly. All fixed now.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by dlflyer00
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for United to change anything. From my personal experience of reporting vulnerabilities to their bug bounty program it took nearly a year for them to pay me and about 2 years for them to fix a simple vulnerabilities that exposed confidential mileageplus customer information...
SPN Lifer and DrMilano like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.