Wiki Posts
Search

UA Redeye only route?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
UA Redeye only route?

Chicagoan here looking to travel to Spokane. On the way home, the only nonstop is a redeye. I’m intrigued… what other routes in the contiguous 48 states operate redeye only?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
SFO-PHL is redeye only on the Eastbound flight.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
SFO-IND
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by jsl42
Chicagoan here looking to travel to Spokane. On the way home, the only nonstop is a redeye. I’m intrigued… what other routes in the contiguous 48 states operate redeye only?
There's a decent number of newer West Coast to ORD redeye flights announced over last couple of years. RDM-ORD, FAT-ORD, SBA-ORD, EUG-ORD, to name a few.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA
LAX to BOS
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by Cris
There's a decent number of newer West Coast to ORD redeye flights announced over last couple of years. RDM-ORD, FAT-ORD, SBA-ORD, EUG-ORD, to name a few.
GEG-ORD IIRC not a 'newer' route. it's been around since the early 80's at least. it may have been discontinued for a time and recently reinstated.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by angetenar
LAX to BOS
Seems to be just on Saturdays though (red-eye only).
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Obviously not the 'contiguous 48', but SFO-YYZ, which just started again in March, is currently redeye only on the easbound flight.

An asterisk that when UA has done this on-again, off-again route over the last, I don't know, 20 or 25 years?, it also had a daytime flight. At some point when it was supposed to start again, it was going to be 2x with a morning flight and redeye. The morning flight may be in the schedule for sometime in the future again, I'm not sure, or if so, when it might actually start.

I also suspect there are quite a few routes that are now 1x/day that are currently redeye only, but pre-pandemic ran with 2 or more frequencies including a redeye and daytime flight. I know SFO-IND used to have a daytime flight as well.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Obviously not the 'contiguous 48', but SFO-YYZ, which just started again in March, is currently redeye only on the easbound flight.
So is YVR-EWR, but I didn't mention it before because it's not in the lower 48 either.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SFO-MSY, as far as I've noticed.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by econ
Seems to be just on Saturdays though (red-eye only).
I'm booked to fly the red-eye LAX-BOS on a Wednesday in May though.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by angetenar
I'm booked to fly the red-eye LAX-BOS on a Wednesday in May though.
I think the other poster is saying the only flight on Saturdays = redeyes; other days of the week are showing daily redeyes and a morning flight ex-LAX. Current frequency = 15x per week.
econ likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
ONT-IAH, a brutal one at that (currently blocked at 3:03 from gate to gate).
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by emcampbe

An asterisk that when UA has done this on-again, off-again route over the last, I don't know, 20 or 25 years?, it also had a daytime flight. At some point when it was supposed to start again, it was going to be 2x with a morning flight and redeye. The morning flight may be in the schedule for sometime in the future again, I'm not sure, or if so, when it might actually start.

I also suspect there are quite a few routes that are now 1x/day that are currently redeye only, but pre-pandemic ran with 2 or more frequencies including a redeye and daytime flight. I know SFO-IND used to have a daytime flight as well.
Just fly it on AC...at least two day time non-stops that I am aware of, and am flying one in July.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
SFO-IND
They kept that and dropped SFO-CLE redeye??? Poor CLE....
tcdtcd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.