Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PremiumPlus soft product changes - March 2022?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PremiumPlus soft product changes - March 2022?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by gmt4
Nonsense. When you're the face of customer service and the focal point for onboard passenger handling on a particular flight its beyond unprofessional to refuse of give a name. Unless of course you're trying to hide. You don't need to say your name is Sharon Peters of 1234 United Way, Chicago IL, but a basic introduction is appropriate. They sure as heck know who you are seated in 20A or wherever.
Nonsense. It is fairly common that name tags and badges only show first names and that they introduce themselves by first name only. I will be putting one on in a few minutes myself (not in the context of air travel). In the age of Google/social media and out-of-control behavior of some people it makes complete sense. And again, if you want to complain about the behavior of a crew member, you don’t need their full name.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That is reasonable. United will know who was the purser was on the flight if/when you complain. No need for you to know their full name.
On what planet is that reasonable? OP said they wouldn't give their name, which to me implies 1) they weren't wearing a name tag or badge and 2) they refused to give a first name.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
On what planet is that reasonable? OP said they wouldn't give their name, which to me implies 1) they weren't wearing a name tag or badge and 2) they refused to give a first name.
I assumed it meant full name. If the purser didn’t wear a name tag/badge, that is presumably against company rules and would not be reasonable (UA would obviously still know who the purser was on a given flight).
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Nonsense. It is fairly common that name tags and badges only show first names and that they introduce themselves by first name only. I will be putting one on in a few minutes myself (not in the context of air travel). In the age of Google/social media and out-of-control behavior of some people it makes complete sense. And again, if you want to complain about the behavior of a crew member, you don’t need their full name.
Nonsense. You're the only one mentioning the words 'full name.' The OP said they refused to give any name at all. Refusing to give any name at all smacks of hiding something. Its not appropriate behavior for the face of customer service at any company, let alone an airline where direct customer interaction is required by law for safety reasons and by the company for service reasons.

If what was described was true its a problem, one that needs to be elevated.
MatthewLAX and gcashin like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gmt4
Nonsense. You're the only one mentioning the words 'full name.' The OP said they refused to give any name at all. Refusing to give any name at all smacks of hiding something.
It’s been a while since I travelled internationally on UA - do they not announce the (first) name of the purser during the initial passenger greeting anymore?

I find it hard to believe that the purser would think they could get away with malfeasance by hiding their first name. The airline has a computer that can tell them who was purser on a given flight.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1PP MM
I assumed it meant full name. If the purser didn’t wear a name tag/badge, that is presumably against company rules and would not be reasonable (UA would obviously still know who the purser was on a given flight).
I ask the Purser to write his complete name our for me. Never saw him again and he wasn't present when we deplaned.

What really put me off, was his explanation of classes of service, like I was 6 years old and had never flown before!

Willing to bet the that I've been flying UA longer than he's been alive.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold
I have an upcoming EWR-FRA flight this weekend. Looking at the seat map just now, UA only wants $3,449 to upgrade to PP. What a bargain! Particularly in contrast to a cash Polaris upgrade at $5,211
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:29 pm

I have PP booked for EWR LHR booked for June for my nephew and I; his first time on an airplane. On my own, I'd be using miles for J in whatever airline was available. His parents were only willing to pay for E. Buying PP was a compromise. I'll be quite unhappy if the above is the treatment I receive!

I am going to have a screenshot on my phone with the PP 'benefits'.
VRFast and quikj like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
They exert as little effort as they can on Polaris, no surprise there's even less spent on P-Plus. Though I will say Polaris has been improving. Polaris gets glassware, predeparture beverages and one pass with the drink cart now. Service has been friendlier and more interactive too. Maybe it'll take another year for P-Plus to catch up.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Well, I have not flown in PP lately but my NRT-EWR in Polaris was ... dismal. It felt as if I was bothering the FAs when I asked for another glass of wine. LAX-EWR in Polaris even worse; it took 30 minutes to get the second glass of wine. So you are not alone.

Side comment: service on HND-JFK on NH in J was infinitely better than that in Polaris on UA. Alcohol-wise, I eventually had to refuse refills on the four different kinds of sake they were nudging me to try
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I haven’t had problems ordering alcohol on my previous flights last summer and over Thanksgiving.

Maybe the FAs are confused by LH’s recent “improvements”?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Personally no way I’d give out my full name. Don’t need a stalker nor my name posted on the internet. You don’t need a full name to lodge a complaint
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by dinoscool3

Maybe the FAs are confused by LH’s recent “improvements”?
Definitely an advertised difference between the LH and UA PE products. Returning via MUC and I know to expect less on the LH PE.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bizarre that people are having a problem with spirits in PP. Lately even UX short hops in economy have had minis available when I've asked.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
Ugh.....I have EWR-DEL round trip....16 hours........I need those wine refills.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.