Wiki Posts
Search

Maximize points for business class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Maximize points for business class

Hi

sorry for a noob question but I’ve searched and can’t find an answer.
I have about 250,000 United mileage points and looking to get a business class ticket from SFO to Barcelona. One way is about 155k miles per person
im finding online that it should be much cheaper.

is there a website or tool I can use to see the best way to use my points? I assume transferring to a partner airline?

any guidance is appreciated
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try to find a date when the discounted or partner awards (in the range of 60k-75k one way) are available. The week/month calendar option can be helpful for this.

edit: technically I'd say this question is about minimizing points rather than maximizing them.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, raptors9211
Originally Posted by raptors9211
... is there a website or tool I can use to see the best way to use my points? ...
There are paid service that will do the searches for you, but for DIY using UA miles the united.com award site is pretty much it
Originally Posted by raptors9211
... I assume transferring to a partner airline? ....
You don't / can't transfer mikes / points but you can book partner awards directly on the united.com site.

Business class award seats are highly sought and will take some time, patience and flexibility to find.

BCN is not served by a lot or carriers and non-stop from USA will have few options.
Departing from SFO will likely mean connecting in the USA or Europe
nexus7556 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.