Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

We are unable to process your request.Any idea why I cannot ticket this?GoogleFlights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We are unable to process your request.Any idea why I cannot ticket this?GoogleFlights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Tech support aren't picking up... mileage plus wait time is 50+ mins..

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/nHQR

I either get:
or
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Can you build the itinerary on ua.sux?

If not, it may be that UA doesn't think it's valid even if Google does.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
None is an UA operated flight, one is a UA codeshare. Coming in from Google Flights does not always work. Have you tried directly booking with united.com versus the backdoor?

Generally under IATA rules, this is not standard to book on UA ticket stock.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
perfectly fine to book with just a UA codeshare flight on 016 ticket stock. No limitations.

One thing you can try is use the 'pay at airport option' which generates the PNR and then you call in 'to pay'. I have used that before in such situations.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:08 am

Another option is to create a multi-flight itinerary, specifying each leg individually. Some codeshare flights are just not bookable on UA's website, but you can usually get most options playing around with different options on multi-flights.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by justsawaufo
Tech support aren't picking up... mileage plus wait time is 50+ mins..

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/nHQR

I either get:
or
I'm not as familiar with Google Flights as are many others here. Is it normal for flights originating at TLV to display a fare in USD instead of NIS?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
I'm not as familiar with Google Flights as are many others here. Is it normal for flights originating at TLV to display a fare in USD instead of NIS?
Yes if searching from US IP address. You can set the location/currency manually through the menu, though.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 8:16 am
Original Poster

thanks folks, it didn't go through even via phone.. agent say they cant book it.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I look up your flights on Google Flights currently, I get a $1051.13 total price with KLRCS0F fare outbound and WLRCS0F fare return. I don't think the inventory for fares you were quoted still exist. ITA Matrix shows the same price, although there is an additional $21 YR surcharge that looks to be added when booking with Austrian (for $1072.13 total price).
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
I called Web support for a similar Google Flights issue and they were quite disdainful about it. Asked if it was a jump from Google Flights and pretty much closed the call asking me to plug the legs into UA website and see if I can recreate it, else it is not available.

It had worked flawlessly before, so not sure where the problem is. I could also not go for the pay in person option as some legs were on * alliance carriers.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I had a few snafus w google-> UA a few days ago - it ended up eventually working - booking me into T but there wasn't T available from what I could see..
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
United definitely has some issue with Google flights. I priced a Business Class flight to India for $2500 and I could take it on United all the way till the end, but after submit it would give an error and ask to contact Web Support. It took me 2 hours on the phone and another 1 hour follow up call to get it ticketed. They had to then construct the itinerary and get a Supervisor to override the price I was seeing.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Plat
Hate to say it but you could always try a TA!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
As others have said, the Google Flights -> United.com connection is a bit wonky so a lot of time these errors just happen randomly, but one common tip I have is that once you get to the payment screen don't change the country for your billing address. When using the connection, United.com will assume a point of sale of the origin of the flight (TLV in your case), and in some cases you may get favorable fares and/or inventory with that point of sale that would be lost if you change the country of your billing address. I personally haven't had any trouble with payment processing with the wrong billing address country. (This may not be applicable to OP, but it's a common issue I've run into.)

Last edited by Sykes; Mar 1, 2022 at 11:23 am
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justsawaufo
thanks folks, it didn't go through even via phone.. agent say they cant book it.
My guess is that the bucket inventory for fares Google Flights was quoting didn't actually exist any more. Fare quote is now $1103 (LLRCS0F and WLRCS0F fares). Yesterday it was $1052 (KLRCS0F and WLRCS0F fares). Looks like Google was originally quoting KLRCS0F and LLRC0SF fares. WLRCS0F = $452.50, while LLRC0SF = $267.50 and $452.50 - 267.50 = $185. And likewise difference in quotes is exactly $185 as $1052 - $867 = $185. So Google was apparently seeing L bucket open for return, but there was actually only W.

justsawaufo likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 1, 2022 at 11:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.