Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Premier Earner Starter PQP posted (varies on elite level, how status achieved, )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United is providing MP elites with PQP bonuses for 2022 (for 2023 qualifying), with credits to MP account starting Feb. 10. It appears this is in process of rolling out universally, so if you don't see PQP yet wait a bit.

Credits appear to be as follows, though some posts in the thread may vary from these figures. Matthew had an exchange confirming the program and reverse engineering these figures as well, below.

If you "earned" the status for 2022 (whether or not needing the various bonuses or fly to the finish) you receive an "earned bonus". If you received your status through an extension of past status or through being a million miler companion, you get the "starter bonus", which isn't as high.

GS: 3000 PQP
1K: Earned: 3000; Starter: 2250
Plat: Earned: 2000; Starter: 1500
Gold: Earned: 1400; Starter: 1050
Silver: Earned: 700; Starter: 525

The posting of the Starter PQPs in your account may initially be puzzling

In the summary activity, only the RDMs are shown and for the Starter PQPs, there are no RDMs, just PQPs
Looking further down you will see

Clicking on "View Full Activity details, where you will see the PQPs

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
United got back to me -

United is showing love to its most loyal customers just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Tomorrow, United will notify MileagePlus Premier members of a surprise deposit of extra Premier Qualifying Points (PQP) to their accounts to help jump start earning towards their 2023 Premier status goals. Since United extended the lowered Premier qualification thresholds offered at all levels last year, the personalized deposit gifts members 15% -20% of what they need to requalify for status through 2023.

Premier members’ deposit amounts will vary depending on:
  • The Premier status level reached at the end of 2021
  • Whether Premier status was earned or extended
    • Members who earned status, by either meeting the annual requirements or completing the Fly to the Finish challenge, will receive higher PQP deposit amounts
[
Print Wikipost

2022 Premier Earner Starter PQP posted (varies on elite level, how status achieved, )

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, CZR 7*, MGM Plat
3,000 PQPs posted sometime over the weekend. Like others whose bonuses were delayed, I started 2021 at a lower status (plat) before making 1K. I never contacted United about the delay since others had mentioned United stated everything would be resolved by 2/28 and PQPs don't mean anything until the end of the year.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: United 1K - Star Alliance Gold - AA Gold - Marriott Bonvoy Gold - Hyatt Explorist
Received 1400 PQP for Gold.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Tarpie
3,000 PQPs posted sometime over the weekend. Like others whose bonuses were delayed, I started 2021 at a lower status (plat) before making 1K. I never contacted United about the delay since others had mentioned United stated everything would be resolved by 2/28 and PQPs don't mean anything until the end of the year.
Well, they do if you're trying to go up a status. If you're 1k there's nowhere further to climb to. But for a Sliver or Gold it could be enough to bump up to Gold or Plat.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle
Got mine. 3000 for 1K earn.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Had an entryin mileage log for “Global Services Earner Starter PQP” or some such. Anyone know what this is? Seems meaningless as i received “0” PQP
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by manstein58
Had an entryin mileage log for “Global Services Earner Starter PQP” or some such. Anyone know what this is? Seems meaningless as i received “0” PQP
Are you sure it wasn't the "Miles" column that was 0? That line is for a 3,000 PQP deposit that GS received. You should see a bump of 3,000 PQP in your PQP progress trackers.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: UA-Gold, HH-Diamond
Hi Folks,
Just another data point to report: I was Gold through January 31, 2022 but dropped down to a General Member this year due to COVID travel restrictions throughout 2021. I haven't received any starter PQPs. I called the MileagePlus Service Center today and was told that the starter PQPs are only for current elites - that my previous Gold status didn't matter. United is really making maintaining my loyalty a challenge!
-Goat
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
I finally got my "earner" 700 PQP as a first time Silver qualifier!

With those 700 PQPs, I'll have requalified for Silver by the end of April. Going for Gold this year. If we get another promotion or two I should be able to make it organically.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by quikj
I finally got my "earner" 700 PQP as a first time Silver qualifier!

With those 700 PQPs, I'll have requalified for Silver by the end of April. Going for Gold this year. If we get another promotion or two I should be able to make it organically.
I guess that's one way to think about it.

David
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hope there's a new promo coming soon. Feels like it's been ages since the last!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Doppy
I'm not convinced they'll do one as international travel seems to be opening up
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doppy
Yah. That was so last month. Guess you need to contact UA to get a move on.

David
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I'm not convinced they'll do one as international travel seems to be opening up
Yeah, I don't see anything on the horizon.

I also wouldn't be surprised if United institutes the 24K PQP qualification requirements within 1-2 yrs.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Repooc17

I also wouldn't be surprised if United institutes the 24K PQP qualification requirements within 1-2 yrs.
I would assume they put that back in place for next year
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Repooc17

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I would assume they put that back in place for next year
We got a few months left in 2022 to see how/if folks return back to travel. Let's see if UA sees the numbers it wants and if it feels confident to get to the qual PQP numbers previously shown.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.